Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After you send your transcript to AMCAS, do you then have to send on to each school individually? If so, when do you do this? After you get a secondary? Thanks, I'm a bit confused.

Members don't see this ad.

anomic said:
After you send your transcript to AMCAS, do you then have to send on to each school individually? If so, when do you do this? After you get a secondary? Thanks, I'm a bit confused.

You shouldn't have to send transcripts to most schools (I can't say with certainty that none of them will). When AMCAS verifies your grades w/ your transcript, they are certifying to the schools that the grades and courses on your application are legit according to your transcript. None of the schools I applied to asked for transcripts at any time during the application procedure. Once you are accepted, though, you will have to provide the school you are matriculating at an official copy.

AmyBEMT said:
You shouldn't have to send transcripts to most schools (I can't say with certainty that none of them will). When AMCAS verifies your grades w/ your transcript, they are certifying to the schools that the grades and courses on your application are legit according to your transcript. None of the schools I applied to asked for transcripts at any time during the application procedure. Once you are accepted, though, you will have to provide the school you are matriculating at an official copy.

Thanks for the quick reply! Very helpful.