Transcripts still not received

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Labkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've seen many threads like this but I have several things about my app that worry me that I in particular will be hurt quite badly by this problem.

I'll skip putting up my whole app and just list the weak points:

3.35 Cumulative GPA, 3.6 sGPA (not "weak" but not great)
~100 volunteer hours (non-medical technically but were all for cancer rallies, fund-raisers, and some stuff for hospital patients)

Everything else is above the average for the schools I applied to minus the one long-shot I picked (I probably should've picked a more reasonable one).

I'm wondering how badly my chances may be affected for the following schools and if I should expect to be a re-applicant a this point: (As a note my app has been submitted for some time it's just no transcripts have been received. I don't know if that makes a difference)

*MUSC
*MUSC - Greenville
Albany
Rosalind
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Quinnipiac
Western Michigan
*USC SoM
NYCM (II received)
UNC (My one long-shot)

*MUSC (and I believe USC) send all applicants IIs. These are all in my state.

I'm going to the offices tomorrow to ask that they send it as a pdf file and send as mail just to make sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on MCAT tbh. I didn't know you could submit w.o transcripts. o_O Either way get them in asap. My friend applied in September verified in October and got in. 512 MCAT 3.7 gpa. Solid EC.

So you aren't verified? Do you have a MCAT score? How about shadowing and clinical experience? Any research? What's up with the delay in transcript submission? It is getting awfully late to just be getting in the verification queue! But the good news is that you could withdraw this cycle and start fresh next year on day one. With a low cGPA , an unshared MCAT and ,from what you have shared, not really strong ECs that might be a better plan. You could work on the problems you see yourself and be all set to apply next cycle with the very best application possible. You really only want to do this thing one time.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

So you aren't verified? Do you have a MCAT score? How about shadowing and clinical experience? Any research? What's up with the delay in transcript submission? It is getting awfully late to just be getting in the verification queue! But the good news is that you could withdraw this cycle and start fresh next year on day one. With a low cGPA , an unshared MCAT and ,from what you have shared, not really strong ECs that might be a better plan. You could work on the problems you see yourself and be all set to apply next cycle with the very best application possible. You really only want to do this thing one time.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Yes I have everything else I only put the weak parts of my MCAT. As I said everything else I have is above average for the schools I applied to (minus UNC). Even the volunteering is something I checked with MUSC/Greenville and they basically said "We only care about shadowing".

I'm really not wanting to apply next cycle and if I have to go to a DO school that's fine. My cGPA isn't low from science classes either and it trended upward very dramatically when I switched to science so I'm hopeful they'll see that and realize I'm more than capable of handling the load seeing as I regularly got an A average GPA in every semester as a BIO major even when taking 5-6 upper level science courses. In fact as they got harder I did better.

That could actually be the problem. If a school is not an approved sender from AMCAS, they will not accept PDF transcript

Attention Applicants

Please do not ask your registrar to send your transcripts to [email protected]. Only AMCAS-approved senders can submit PDF eTranscripts to AMCAS by means of a secure file transfer (SFTP). AMCAS will not accept PDF eTranscripts by email or any other w
ay.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/etranscripts/

That was actually the problem. They said that no verification e-mail is sent if the school is not approved so I was never notified of it. I really should've checked more carefully but it is what it is.

Everything has been sent in now (actually it all gone done over a week ago) so hopefully it's not too late.

The only problem I truly have is I was never able to get a non-science professor's letter as much as I tried to. Many of them simply didn't remember me and/or had left the university by the time I started applying.