transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pebbs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Should I wait for the spring grades to show up on my transcript before I have them sent to AADSAS (on June 15th)? Or should I have them send now, even though they don't include this past semesters grades?

If I don't send it in until the 15th, will it delay my application (which I plan on sending in on the 3rd) processing since my file will be incomplete?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

Pebbs,

Sending your records on the 15th will delay the processing of your AADSAS application, but that amount of time may be neglegible.

AADSAS will begin processing on June 3rd -- but if you were to request your transcripts tomorrow, would they arrive at AADSAS and be attached to your file by June 3? Probably not, so your application would still be somewhat delayed.

I would probably wait and have them sent in ASAP after your spring grades show up (assuming those grades will bolster your application).

- G

I have a question about transcripts too. At my school we just fill out a little form online ot get a transcript and that is the only way I know how to do it. Do I have to give the registrar the form that is supposed to be attached to it or can I have the transcipt sent to me and then I can attach the form. I really don't want to have to drive all the way to school this week to try to get the form to someone half way competent in the regstrar's office.

Members don't see this ad :)
GTchick,

Congrats on the DAT scores -- I take mine tomorrow.

I would have the school send you your records in an official envelope and have them seal it with the school seal. Then I would attach the Transcript Matching Card to the outside of that envelope with a paperclip or something, and then I would put all of that into a larger envelope (manilla perhaps) and send it to AADSAS. That way the transcripts are official and won't be voided and the matching card is still included, without you having to drive to your school.

- G

Gavin -
You did awesome on the DAT. Congrats!!! I knew you would though from the practice scores that you were posting. I agree with your idea about paper clipping the form to the transcripts.

Pebbs,

I think that if your spring courses contain any of your pre-req's for dental school you should wait. Otherwise, if you've completed all your pre-req's you could send it in. Schools will ask for a final transcript later. Also, you might want to consider waiting if the courses will raise your GPA.

thanks guys...i guess it wouldn't hurt to wait another 2 weeks to send in the transcript. it definitely helps my gpa! :wink: