Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoThuggy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup guys,
i had a question. my first semester at a university sucked, and so i dropped out of the university and went to a community college and started over, pretending that i never went the uiversity in the first place. now when i want to apply, do i have to submit my transcript from the university also? i mean i dont want anyone to see it and also i have taken over every class that i took at the university, so is there a way that i can keep dental schools from looking at my transcript from the university? i would really appreciate your help.
thanks

mo

Members don't see this ad.

Grades from any college/universities you've attended will be counted in your AADSAS GPA calculation. There is no other way to get away with this.

What Ronin said was correct. Both your grades from community college and the university you went to will be calculated in your GPA, disregard the fact that you dropped out.

NSXDent

Members don't see this ad :)
How will dental schools know? He's not going to claim that he went to school during the first semester...it will be as if he started at a CC and never went to the University if he never submits a transcript to AADSAS.

Originally posted by PashaJ
How will dental schools know? He's not going to claim that he went to school during the first semester...it will be as if he started at a CC and never went to the University if he never submits a transcript to AADSAS.

His good 'ol social security number.

Don't lie or suggest other people lie on their applications. It doesn't make you or the person doing it look any better. I would be very uncomfortable with a person lying on their application and getting away with it. People have worked honestly to come this far, me included, I personally am offended when people give other people a pat on the back to go ahead and demean the system. I will guarantee he will be caught if the poster goes ahead with it.

DesiDentist

There is a good chance that ADDSAS will never find out or that the dental schools applied to will find out, HOWEVER.... If this comes out and you are 2 years into the program I would not be surprised to see you get booted out with ~$70,000 in debt. THE RIGHT THING TO DO is report these grades. If it was only your 1st semester you most likely did not take that many science credits (I would guess 8 at the most) These are the critical grades in calculating your AADSAS GPA's. Reporting these grades may keep you out of a few schools but if you have a great track record for the past few years & crush the DAT I think most schools will overlook 1 bad 1st semester. You do not want to with hold this info, for me sleeping at night with no worries is a priority. If you don't report it you no one may no, but I would never want to go to a dentist that is dishonest. Step up to the plate and be a man or woman, I am not sure what MoThuggy's sex is, and another point, maybe MoThuggy is an appropiate name for someone willing to lie to get into dental school.
Matt

PS Do you know who Coach O'Leary is? All Norte Dame fans are glad he lied on his resume so Tyrone Willingham could work his luck of the Irish.

Hey Desi,
Cool down, I'm not promoting nor am I "patting him on the back to go ahead and demean the system." This cat is going to do whatever he wants, regardless of what is said. I'm just curious as to how will someone stop him. I'm sure we're not the first people he's asking, nor will we be the last. And the SSN will not stop him, schools dont check SSN's and going back to the guy with the speeding ticket, they rarely check criminal background. They rely on people being honest and the fear people have about being caught along with the repercussions. It puts a huge snag in the system to check all the applicants.