Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmac81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well if this isnt starting to get stressful! I have a qucik question about transcripts. If i attended several schools, do i have to get transcripts from each one, or can i get the final set of transcripts from the school i am at now, with all of the forwarded information and just send those out?

The reason i ask is because the woman at the transcripts office here said that the only thing they can send out from previous schools is my overall gpa, not the actual grades which i thought sounded funny?

Ok thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Universities/CC's will not give transcripts from other schools. They would not be official. well, they are official but they are not officially official from the officiating school you attended!!!
That was clear wasn't it.

Get transcripts from each individual schools to send to AADSAS. There is a form you must use for them to mail to AADSAS. "Transcript matching form".

Hold on! You should also request transcripts from your previous universities/CC's to give personally to the schools you are applying to. This will save you time later.

hmm, does this apply for summer courses as well?
I took orgo lab one summer at a different university, but that was it. Is it really necessary to ask that school to send a transcript for just one summer class?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes....transcripts are needed for ANY course(s) you took at another university or community college - even if it is just one class.

If you put the course in your application, then you need to get official documentation (a transcript) as proof. Good luck!

Do not have your transcripts send individually by each school to AADSAS. Gather them yourself and send everything in one big envelope to AADSAS. That's way, they don't get lost. AADSAS is a mad clearance house, and things tend to get lost just so easy.
AND DON'T FORGET TO CALL THEM EVERY WEEK TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR STUFF ARE THERE. ASK WHEN WILL YOUR FILE BE SENT TO THE SCHOOL, ASK YOUR MAILING NUMBER. THEN CALL THE SCHOOL AND FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION CLOSELY.

Good luck to you guys.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am just wondering if someone could clarify this for me:

Once the online application is filled out, does AADSAS wait for the matching forms/official transcripts/LOR package to arrive before forwarding everything to the schools -- or do they forward the online application profile alone first to the schools and then the matching forms/transcripts/LOR as they arrive? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Cy

csani,

They send the application once it is "complete". They wait until they have everything. That is why they have all these forms to fill out. They "snail-mail" out the applications. Unless they have changed the process this year! But last year they physically mailed out the applications. They even give you the AADSAS NUmber and tell you which batch your file was in.

"F"!! i did a study abroad in Australia...are you guys saying that I have to wait 2 weeks now for them to send me transcripts from the school? all the courses and grades are on my official transcript. This is rediculous.

Check out the AADSAS Instruction booklet page 12. You can wait two weeks or you can fax them the signed AADSAS Transcript Matching Form and they can mail it to AADSAS directly. The AADSAS considers your file incomplete. However, It also states that your file will be sent if you do not have all your transcripts. They will later forward any transcripts you receive. The instructions sound like it contradicts itself.

Save yourself some time! Ask for "X" official transcripts you can send to the schools you are applying to. There are different times you have to send them to the schools. Each school asks for official transcripts directly anyway. Check out their "Supplememtal Materials Table".

Don't stress too much. Just as long you have your application started early helps a lot. But, Having everything ready for AADSAS to distribute is a big advantage. LOR's, Transcripts, Essay, get it done ASAP! Just chill!