Transfer credits calculated in overall undergrad GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlwaysEniten

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

first of all, I want to thank you in advance everybody for their help. Actually, I am a student in a Ivy League University finishing my undergrad. I was a transfer (from Est. Europe)and they recognized 60 credits but they never made a conversion so I don't know how that will affect my overall GPA or if they will calculate it at all. I guess this is my question: will medical schools calculate my overall undergrad GPA including my transfer credits?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure they do.

Pretty much every class you've ever taken since you started undergrad gets counted in. I have a BS, took 2 classes at a community college, and am starting a post-bac program now. All of it gets rolled into one undergrad GPA and hopefully a very high MCAT score:D

Does that count even for underg. work done outside of USA? If yes, how do they even make the conversion because the system is completely different. I am very concerned because I came with a very high GPA ( in the range of 4.0-4.3) and I would like that to be calculated when I apply to medical schools. :(:(:(