Transfer students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vylasaven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a 4.0 at my community college, including science GPA, and transferred to a top school. When I apply to med school, will my GPA be the entire 4 year record, or just the university half?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 4.0 at my community college, including science GPA, and transferred to a top school. When I apply to med school, will my GPA be the entire 4 year record, or just the university half?
Every college-level course you ever took is calculated into your AMCAS GPA and will be reported to med schools. This is a very good thing for someone like you who has a perfect record at a CC, but a very bad thing for someone who slacked off their first few years, or had some major set-back that killed their early GPA. Just make sure you keep the high grades up at your new school, or adcoms will believe you only did well at the CC because it was a CC; make sure you prove that GPA is indicative of your real abilities and not just because the classes were easy. :luck: