Transfer to Pod School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DK Bull

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to this forum. This is my first time posting a tread. Currently, I'm a first year chiropractic student at SCUHS taking the baisc sciences courses like anatomy, biomechanics, biomechemistry, and histology. I'm wondering if those courses are transferable to Pod schools so that I don't have to take them over once I get into pod school. I have heard from one of my school representives that the cousese are fully transferable to Osteopathic schools but I'm not sure about Pod schools. Anyone has a clue? I'm planing to pursue both podiatric and chriropractic programs but if I get accepted by pod school then I will finish the pod program first and come back to the chiro program later on if possible.

Beside, what are my chances of getting into pod school with gpa 3.1 overall/ 3.4 science? I will greatly appreciate all your responses and comments.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, i dunno if you have the energy to be in school that long, but more power to you :thumbup: Your science gpa is solid, your over all gpa is decent. score a decent number on your MCAT and you should be ready to go. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble getting in, but why are you considering both professions? this is going to be a center of attention at your interview

You'd have to check with the pod schools you are interested in. Most pod schools will take some med school or MS degree credits, but will they accept allied health programs like chiro/PA/etc...? I have no idea, and it probably varies from school to school.

Keep in mind that some pod schools charge per credit, but most just charge per semester. Most schools also transfer in any credits as passing grade, not as letter grades. If that's the case, you mised well just take the courses over, get high marks to start off pod school with a high gpa, and learn the material even better for board exams and future clinical sciences (pharm, path, medicine, surgery, etc) that build off the material learned in core basic sciences (anat, physio, biochem, etc).

You will not be able to skip all of first year in pod school or anything if that was your hope. Pod school is said to be (and market as) "similar" to MD programs, but in reality, we are relatively unique. DPM is a degree involving early specialization, and there are almost uniformly pod-specific courses such as intro to pod, lower extremity anat, etc even in the first year pod school curriculum.