Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!


Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by Anya, Mar 5, 2002.

  1. Anya

    Anya New Member

    Feb 20, 2002
    Likes Received:
    I've studied in Moscow Medical University for 2 years. Is it possible to transfer to Medical School without getting bechelor degree befor that?Can i take the 1'st step of USMLE?
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Hirurg

    Hirurg Member

    Sep 12, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Resident [Any Field]
    As far as I know, you can try to transfer, but it is not likely. Espeially being from the non-engl. speaking school. You can try to apply for step 1. But I think you ll have to go through ECFMG, and they require some paperwork and other things...possibly concurent enrollment in med school or Graduate Diploma. Check with them.
  4. NuMD97

    NuMD97 Senior Member

    Feb 1, 2002
    Likes Received:
    A bachelor's degree technically is not a requirement for getting into medical school, unless things have recently changed. People who were educated in the US could gain admittance to American medical schools after the junior year of college, but I imagine this is a rare occurrence. Texas some years ago was making noises about requiring American nationals to return to school in the US for a college education after having trained abroad for medical school, after high school, in order to have some kind of common denominator for all wishing to practice in that state. ECFMG does not have jurisdiction in your case as you wish to transfer to an American medical college prior to finishing your degree in Russia. I would suggest you call the medical schools you might be interested in, directly about the possibility of transfering to their institution and what you would need to go about that. I see that you are in NH, try Dartmouth Medical School and see what they have to say. You might want to see one of the local pre-medical advisors at your local college in Manchester. They might be able to give you some orientation as to how to go about this process. It used to be that there was some degree of latitude for transferring during the clinical years especially. Good luck to you.


Share This Page