Transfering from B1/B2(tourist visa) to F1(Students visa)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bombshell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I was wondering is it hard to transfer from B1/B2 to F1 visa within the US? And if it better to transfer from within the US or in the homecountry? Just wondering. And how long does the procedure take in either ways? Any advice from people who had gone through the process will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hey bombshell, how have u been !,,,
no its not hard at all,,,one of my friends thats exalctly what he did,, he changed his status from b1---> to f1 visa was so easy ( well he applied bya lawyer)..either u can do that or by lawyer...
gud luck !
its better by lawyer (pls ask )

Last edited:
can't change from b1/b2 into f1 from within us...rest is upto u

Members don't see this ad :)
it is possible to change your status from within the usa......but there are high chances for rejection...........the best is to go to bulg and change it there and come back here..........!

Hi, all! :)
Thanks for the inputs on the situation. I contacted the Univ too, and they said that the transfer cannot be done within US, and that I have to go abroad. So sweet home Alabama (... hahaha.. just joking with the famous movie with this name), here I come! Thanks for the support, guys! Good luck to you and have a great day!:luck:

all best bombshell..
gud luk..

Hi If anyone wants to change their visa status from b1/b2/j1/j2/h1 etc to F1 and stay legally in the USA contact OPMI Business School. email: raja (at) opmi (dot) edu , Phone: 845-213-6022.
We offer free consultation on non immigrant visa and provide i-20.

Yes you can do it in US or ur home country. Processing time depends on the location. Usually a week or 2 in States if all the paperwork is complete. Most schools have dedicated department that help with visa process and they have links that can speed up the process. Check with the school u are accepted and they usually guide u through the process.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You can just cross the border and come back in. Sometimes can be done at the airport. This is what I did.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hey guys im new in the process, i will start to study for the NBDE. If sombe body have and study plan that would be awesome,
Other stuff if some body have applyed to the NYU let me know in order to get some info.