Transfering from other residency

student-2

10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
    I wanted to ask if any of you know of a person transferring to ENT from another non-surgical residency. I am asking about transferring from a very good and well known program, good board scores some research (some of which in good places) including some ENT research and possible publication. Main drawback- IMG but from pretty well known place.
    Any input appreciated.

About the Ads

student-2

10+ Year Member
    May 9, 2006
      I understand that internship has to be a surgical one, but there is the option of doing a surgical internship again after a medical internship. I know of many cases where surgeons after one year decide it's not for them and transfer to medicine and they start at intern level.
      My question is mainly if you have ever heard of someone transferring from another field into ENT?

Leforte

Volunteer Staff
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 2, 2004
      1. Attending Physician
        Yes. I know of someone in another program who matched in internal medicine. Midway through intern year realized the mistake. Approached the ENT chair - spent 2 years in the lab in the department and then got a spot. Obviously had to repeat internship. Overall 8 years.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.