Transferring aftering my 2nd year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zamby

ZAMBY
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on this forum have any experience transferring to another school after their 2nd year? Specfically to Chicago.

I'm currently doing long distance with my fiancee, and plan on getting married before my 3rd year, and would like to be in the same city as her, which is Chicago.

I've heard of people poeple transferring to either CCOM, UIC, or UofC, and even northwestern.

Anybody have any experience with this, whether it be transferring from a DO school to DO school, or DO school to MD School? Or anybody know of anyone not on student doctor that I can get in contact with.

Members don't see this ad.

Zamby said:
Anyone on this forum have any experience transferring to another school after their 2nd year? Specfically to Chicago.

I'm currently doing long distance with my fiancee, and plan on getting married before my 3rd year, and would like to be in the same city as her, which is Chicago.

I've heard of people poeple transferring to either CCOM, UIC, or UofC, and even northwestern.

Anybody have any experience with this, whether it be transferring from a DO school to DO school, or DO school to MD School? Or anybody know of anyone not on student doctor that I can get in contact with.

It is possible to transfer to another DO school. It would be close to impossible to transfer from an DO to an MD school.

For the DO school, you simply must have a good COMLEX score and be competitive with other applicants for an open spot in the class, if available. They key is if a spot is available (i.e. someone dropped out.)

To get into the MD school, you would need to take the USMLE with an appropriate score AND have MCAT/college GPA standards that are competitive for admission to that school as a freshman, as well as outcompete MD to MD transfers for any open spots.