Transferring as an undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ld1961

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does it look to med schools if I transfer as an undergraduate student?
I'm a freshman at a public college with a stellar science program, but due to certain circumstances , am considering transferring to a State school (Stony Brook). The two schools are pretty much on the same level in terms of curriculum rigor, and I wouldn't be transferring bc of low grades of financial difficulties.
Would this compromise my application?

Members don't see this ad.

It happens though you may want to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle of transferring

Reactions: 1 user
How does it look to med schools if I transfer as an undergraduate student?
I'm a freshman at a public college with a stellar science program, but due to certain circumstances , am considering transferring to a State school (Stony Brook). The two schools are pretty much on the same level in terms of curriculum rigor, and I wouldn't be transferring bc of low grades of financial difficulties.
Would this compromise my application?
Nope! Just be sure you can explain why you transferred if you are asked in an interview. PM me if you have any specific questions, I transferred as an undergrad and just finished my application cycle.

I transferred. Don't think it will affect my app one bit. What is a pain is non transferred credits making you take double load to graduate on time. Plus premed committee requiring a certain amount of "in house" science credits to get a letter. I've been taking 20credits a semester for the past two years.

Give it a lot of thought! Look at the transfer credit before deciding.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited: