1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Transferring to an American Dental School from a Foreign Dental School

Discussion in 'Dental' started by egyptianeyes77, Aug 23, 2001.

  1. egyptianeyes77

    egyptianeyes77 UOP IDS 2009
    10+ Year Member

    Apr 17, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Dental Student
    Hello :)

    As the subject of my post implies...I am wondering whether it is possible to transfer from a foreign dental school to an American dental school. Below u'll find info relating to what I've completed and been up to over the years:

    1) I'm an American citizen (not sure if this makes a difference) and resident of California
    2) I graduated from University of the Pacific in Stockton with a B.S. in Biology in December of 1998. Some of the courses I took while there include:
    *General Biology (2 semesters)
    *General Chemistry (2 semesters)
    *Organic Chemistry (2 semesters)
    *General Physics (2 semesters)
    *Human Anatomy (1 semester)
    *Human Physiology (1 semester)
    *Histology (1 semester)
    *Microbiology (1 semester)
    *Genetics (1 semester)
    *Psychology (1 semester)
    *and a bunch of other G.E. classes
    3) I took the DAT in October of 1996
    4) I enrolled and attended a full year of medical school in Cairo University in Egypt, completing the following courses:
    *Human Anatomy (1 year)
    *Human Physiology (1 year)
    *Biochemistry (1 year)
    *Histology (1 year)
    5) I will be transfering to and starting Dental school this upcoming fall in either Cairo University or Ain Shams University; both in Egypt

    With all this in mind...is transferring possible? If so, who should I contact, what schools do this sort of thing? and who out there has done it?

    Thanks in advance for your replies :)
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

Share This Page