Transferring to UCSD..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

suwaifo

Hi, I'm considering transferring to UCSD and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the college sytem? I'm not too sure what they really have to offer and I have read their descriptions. They are pretty vague and don't help too much, although Warren seems pretty chill from what has been said. Revelle college also seems to be the cookie cutter college for premeds. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone think I shouldn't even go to SD? Wehh, any opinions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm considering transferring to UCSD and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the college sytem? I'm not too sure what they really have to offer and I have read their descriptions. They are pretty vague and don't help too much, although Warren seems pretty chill from what has been said. Revelle college also seems to be the cookie cutter college for premeds. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone think I shouldn't even go to SD? Wehh, any opinions would be appreciated.

no no. do not go to revelle.

warren > muir > marshall > sixth > erc > revelle . college does not matter for a premed

no no. do not go to revelle.

warren > muir > marshall > sixth > erc > revelle . college does not matter for a premed

ucsd student here and i second that. avoid erc and revelle at all costs.

Members don't see this ad :)
ucsd student here and i second that. avoid erc and revelle at all costs.

not that i really give a crap what ucsd thinks- but on ur md apps how did they tell u that u didnt have enough ecs?

ucsd is great, if u don't mind being around thousands of other premeds. It can get a little annoying at times how much everyone studies. I transferred to warren, and their requirements are very relaxed. There is absolutely no benefit to going into any other college, so just pick warren. Good luck, the transition is rough, but doable.

i got into sixth. i obviously didnt go

As a transfer, I went to warren because it had the least amount of requirements to graduate after transferring. I only had to take two upper division classes outside of my major while the other colleges required a lot more. There's no point in choosing a hard college when med schools won't even consider it or ask about it. Second the advice on choosing warren. UCSD is an awesome school with huge potential for a life outside of school, so I'd definitely recommend going there.

I am a senior in UCSD right now, and what everyone else is saying is pretty much correct. Avoid revelle and ERC completely (i am in revelle -.-). One major thing that you might have guesses is this school is completely based on theory. The majority of professors there aren't there to teach, they are there to do research by using UCSD"s resources and find something groundbreaking. That is why its pretty hard to find a professor thats really good, because most of them take teaching as just a thing "they have to do", which isn't the best thing for a student in their class.

Apart from that, its a great school, very competitive. Students who are serious will study like crazy, but then they also party like crazy...its weird how they can manage to still have somewhat of a social life. I personally don't involve myself with that side, but you have to relax every once in a while. The campus's career center is a joke, and I can say this because my student org works with their career center and they usually can't get much done. All in all, it provides opportunities for those who are ambitious enough to look for them.