Transferring Universities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingTutATL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of transferring from the University of Colorado to UGA and I had a question. After submitting my transcripts several months ago I received in the mail a couple of days ago my credit evaluation. I had 30 credits from Colorado but I only received 26 hours. The one class I did SOOOO bad in and got a D in didn't transfer but it still had an impact on my gpa. If that class didnt transfer my gpa would be around a 3.6-3.7. Why is a course im not receiving transfer credit for affecting my gpa? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

KingTutATL said:
I'm in the middle of transferring from the University of Colorado to UGA and I had a question. After submitting my transcripts several months ago I received in the mail a couple of days ago my credit evaluation. I had 30 credits from Colorado but I only received 26 hours. The one class I did SOOOO bad in and got a D in didn't transfer but it still had an impact on my gpa. If that class didnt transfer my gpa would be around a 3.6-3.7. Why is a course im not receiving transfer credit for affecting my gpa? Thanks

I don't know the answer to your question, but when you apply to medical school, AMCAS (med school application) requires you report all grades from every university you have attended. Once you input your grades, an AMCAS GPA will be calculated. Thus your D is going to be seen by med schools no matter what. I am not sure if that helps, but just something you should know nonetheless.