Transgender med student/pre-med forum?

Discussion in 'LGBTQ' started by chunkyfilms, Jun 14, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. chunkyfilms

chunkyfilms

Jun 3, 2017
    Hello everyone,

Is there a forum and/or thread specifically for trans medical students, doctors, and/or pre-med students? If so, can someone direct me to it through a link? I'm trans myself and entering my third year of undergrad so I'd like to connect with some other trans people on here (or anyone who has info) in regards to what their process is/was like in undergrad, applying to MD/DO schools, and being doctor. Thanks :thumbup:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bengirlxD

bengirlxD 2+ Year Member

May 2, 2015
    MDApps:
    Hey I'm trans! Just scroll down on to the LGBT forum and you can start a thread there.

4. sb247

sb247 wait...you mean I got in? 2+ Year Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Galt's Gulch
    whether you posted here or it got moved....you are in it

5. kvallian

kvallian 2+ Year Member

Jan 12, 2015
    I'm a trans guy and an incoming med student. Feel free to ask me anything, either here or in a private message.

6. linearbbq

linearbbq SDN Moderator 2+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hey chunkyfilms! I'm trans and entering my second year of med school. I'm more than happy to talk about the application process and what navigating med school has been like so far. There are also a few spaces on Facebook for trans people who are pursuing careers in medicine, or are otherwise working within the healthcare system. Feel free to send me a PM.

7. chunkyfilms

chunkyfilms

Jun 3, 2017
    I've sent you a PM.