1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Transitioning from Medicine to Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Shunoo, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Shunoo

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I've taken a heavy interest into going into Pharmacy School. My MCAT scores haven't been great and now I'm 2 years removed from college. I'm getting my MPH currently and now I'm thinking about attending Pharmacy School. Pharmacy wasn't and will never be a back-up plan from Medical School, but I have taken an interest in going to Pharmacy School. Haven't taken the PCAT yet, and still have 2 pre-reqs to complete (already planning on completing those during the year or next Summer). Now, should I submit my PharmCAS to schools and then take the PCAT in September? Will Pharm schools allow applications without a PCAT score?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 30Percent

30Percent Big boy shoes
    2+ Year Member

4. Rouelle

PhD Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I am pretty sure that in your pharmcas application you can designate a September pcat date, submit it, and the score will automatically be added to your application when it is made available to pharmcas. You may want to check the pharmcas FAQ section about this.

I would suggest completing the pre-reqs as soon as possible. Some schools require that you complete all pre-reqs in the spring prior to admission, so waiting until next summer may not be a good idea if you are targeting admission next fall.

5. AmyChaser

Pre-Pharmacy
    As a tangent to the OP, is the PCAT supposed to be significantly easier than the MCAT? I honestly don't know...

6. 30Percent

30Percent Big boy shoes
    2+ Year Member