• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Shunoo

7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
So I've taken a heavy interest into going into Pharmacy School. My MCAT scores haven't been great and now I'm 2 years removed from college. I'm getting my MPH currently and now I'm thinking about attending Pharmacy School. Pharmacy wasn't and will never be a back-up plan from Medical School, but I have taken an interest in going to Pharmacy School. Haven't taken the PCAT yet, and still have 2 pre-reqs to complete (already planning on completing those during the year or next Summer). Now, should I submit my PharmCAS to schools and then take the PCAT in September? Will Pharm schools allow applications without a PCAT score?

Rouelle

7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
So I've taken a heavy interest into going into Pharmacy School. My MCAT scores haven't been great and now I'm 2 years removed from college. I'm getting my MPH currently and now I'm thinking about attending Pharmacy School. Pharmacy wasn't and will never be a back-up plan from Medical School, but I have taken an interest in going to Pharmacy School. Haven't taken the PCAT yet, and still have 2 pre-reqs to complete (already planning on completing those during the year or next Summer). Now, should I submit my PharmCAS to schools and then take the PCAT in September? Will Pharm schools allow applications without a PCAT score?
I am pretty sure that in your pharmcas application you can designate a September pcat date, submit it, and the score will automatically be added to your application when it is made available to pharmcas. You may want to check the pharmcas FAQ section about this.

I would suggest completing the pre-reqs as soon as possible. Some schools require that you complete all pre-reqs in the spring prior to admission, so waiting until next summer may not be a good idea if you are targeting admission next fall.

About the Ads
Jul 23, 2011
Tucson
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
As a tangent to the OP, is the PCAT supposed to be significantly easier than the MCAT? I honestly don't know...

About the Ads