Transitioning to Healthcare, PA program. Resume Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joeminati

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this is a duplicate post. I am in pursuit of getting some requirements out of the way which require some experience with patients. Instead of volunteering, I decided to go for and passed and got my NY state certified PCT certificate while taking some pre-requisite classes for the program as well (Touro PA Program in NYC).

Now that I have some breathing room from classes, I would like to get some hours or possibly employment while I apply for the program and wait for a response\shadowing a PA as well. I am 30 years old with a BA in Media\Communications, have worked 8+years in a office setting with various skills, experiences in financial companies. Needless to say, I am all over the place with no experience in healthcare at all. I do plan on volunteering after all, in hopes of networking a job.

Any pointers in terms of updating my resume to reflect any skill sets or experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you considered looking into CME courses? They're a great way to bring you up to date on procedural training and a lot can earn your certification in various specialties.