transmission date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have found another way to drive myself crazy, not that checking status pages and email every 10 minutes is not enough. When i load up my AMCAS, on the first page, i can see when schools last accessed my application, gives me some hope i am still in review, and may be hearing soon. Some schools accessed it again today, but perhaps it is just another way to waste time and hope

Members don't see this ad.

The time it takes from the transmission date to when the medical schools actually contact you may be long (a month or even longer). I applied to 20 schools and had schools sending me secondaries in no particular timeframe from when they downloaded my application from AMCAS.

The best thing to do is to sit tight and wait. I know that I started to get impatient myself and was tempted to call schools to find out. You must have taken the August MCAT, otherwise the schools would have downloaded your application earlier.

Anyway, the best advice I can give you is to mail your secondaries in within a day or two from when you receive them. The earlier you interview, the more likely you are to get into medical school (since many schools have rolling admissions).

The schools had downloaded my application back in August, and i have sent in all my secondaries, but on the main page of AMCAS, there is a list of the schools and on the right, there is an access date and time. I think that is when the schools last accessed my application online. I dont know what that means or why they have that, since the print dates are still in August. I guess i just bring it upon myself to go crazy :(

Members don't see this ad :)
so of my 15 schools two don' t have a transmission date?? the rest of dates are of August?? what does that mean?? Why isn't it coming up that they have accessed it?

some of the schools will not show a transmission date because they don't access the files through the official AMCAS site, but rather they are accessed through an FTP site. If this is the case, it won't show up ever as being transmitted. This happened for me as well with Tufts and Drexel. Good luck!

Thanks! Drexel was one of the schools i was worried about!