Transmittal Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

stat81

I just checked out my AMCAS application, and there are transmittal dates listed in the designated school section. My application hasn't been processed however. Does anyone else have transmittal dates?

Members don't see this ad.

That's really strange. I just looked at mine and I have the same thing there as well. What is it supposed to mean? :confused: My application hasn't been processed, my MCATs are no longer showing and I was under the impression that they were all supposed to be mailed now anyway. :confused:

Ok, I have this on my app. too. However, the dates are different for different schools (going back to 18 July 01) and not ALL of the schools have these transmittal dates. What the .... is going on here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, on my application I have the same thing. I have dates around July 20 but I thought AMCAS was only going to begin sending applications this week, how could I have dates in July. At least I know now they haven't forgotten about my application. I have been quite patient and I'm starting to lose it with them. Especially since I have transmission date for UCSD and have not received a secondary yet like others on this board.

Same thing with mine. Mine has not been processed, but there are "dates transmitted" for about 2/3 of the schools. I'm confused, but not suprised. I submitted on 7/19, if anyone is interested.

Same thing here, except only about half of my desginated schools have transmittal dates. And all schools have the same date: 7/20. And of course, there is no processing date on my application. Makes no sense. AMCAS should know: crack cocaine kills. I'd wish they'd switch to pot. Maybe something would then get done correctly.

I have dates on mine too. Mine has neither been processed nor has that change notification button. Does anyone mind posting what schools they have transmitted and when? I want to see if there's any consistencies. Here's mine:

NY Albert Einstein College of Med Regular M.D.
MA Boston University Regular M.D. 20-JUL-01
IL Chicago Medical School Regular M.D.
NE Creighton University Regular M.D. 19-JUL-01
NH Dartmouth Medical School Regular M.D.
NC Duke University Regular M.D. 20-JUL-01
GA Emory University Regular M.D. 25-JUL-01
DC George Washington University Regular M.D. 07-AUG-01
DC Georgetown University Regular M.D. 23-JUL-01
MA Harvard Medical School Regular M.D. 24-JUL-01
PA Jefferson Medical College Regular M.D. 08-AUG-01
NY Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical Col. of Cornell Regular M.D. 08-AUG-01
MD Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Regular M.D. 21-JUL-01
CA Keck School of Medicine Univ of Southern Cal Regular M.D.
CA Loma Linda University Regular M.D. 07-AUG-01
WI Medical College of Wisconsin Regular M.D. 07-AUG-01
NY Mount Sinai School of Medicine Regular M.D.
NY New York Medical College Regular M.D. 08-AUG-01
IL Northwestern University Regular M.D.
OH Ohio State University Regular M.D. 23-JUL-01
CA Stanford University Regular M.D. 20-JUL-01
MA Tufts University Regular M.D. 24-JUL-01
PA Univ of Pennsylvania Regular M.D. 08-AUG-01
VT Univ of Vermont Regular M.D. 20-JUL-01
CA University of California - Los Angeles Regular M.D.
CA University of California - San Francisco Regular M.D.
IL University of Chicago Regular M.D.
NC Wake Forest Regular M.D.
MO Washington University Regular M.D. 24-JUL-01
CT Yale University Regular M.D.

I called Tulane to see if my application was complete today and they did not have my AMCAS. (I had to email it to them) However, the AMCAS printout says my AMCAS was transmitted to Tulane on July 20. AMCAS, go figure.

My bet is that these transmittal dates refer to the one page summaries, NOT the full apps transmitted electronically.

The reason I say this is because I have not heard from hardly any of these schools.

Or it could just be another computer bug.

Originally posted by baylor21:
•My bet is that these transmittal dates refer to the one page summaries, NOT the full apps transmitted electronically.

The reason I say this is because I have not heard from hardly any of these schools.

Or it could just be another computer bug.•

I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

All of my schools have transmittal dates, but some of the dates are before my app was processed (i.e. before 7/21).

Some of my dates dont match up with yours either, moo.

I bet it is a bug. I also show 3 out of my 7 schools with dates, however my application hasnt even been processed. I feel privilaged cause I still have my MCAT scores listed on it. That is good cause I have been printing out my application and sending them directly to the schools.

i also have my mcat scores still showing on the app. i have both schools i am applying to showing trasnmittal (tulane on 7/20 also) but my app hasn't been processed.

say, isn't this fun.....does anyone want to start running a booking service to take bets on what amcas bug will strike next?????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm...mine does NOT have the transmittal dates but it's been verified and submitted and processed and everything...argh...
damn AMCAS...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•Hmm...mine does NOT have the transmittal dates but it's been verified and submitted and processed and everything...argh...
damn AMCAS...•

Dont worry scooby, i'm almost positive this is just a computer glitch.

I tried to access Harvard's secondary online but it does not have my AMCAS ID in their database yet.

However, according to my AMCAS printout, the app was transmitted to them on 7/24.

That cant be right, and I'm taking Harvard's word over AMCAS any day of the week.

Something tells me these dates will be gone soon.

Just as I wrote the post above, I noticed that my dates are starting to slowly disappear.

Originally, all of my schools had transmittal dates. Now, Univ of Rochester, Vanderbilt, and Yale have had their dates removed.

The AMCAS programmers must be going back thru the database cleaning up the errors.

Chicago Med -
GWU 7/26/01
Loyola -
MCP Hahnemann 8/03/01
NYMC 8/08/01
Rush -
SLU 7/19/01
SIU 7/19/01
UMDNJ 7/24/01
UIC 7/19/01
U Vermont 7/20/01
Wayne State 8/07/01
Wright State 7/18/01

Very weird. I have not been processed, but almost all my schools have transmittal dates.
Here they are, moo:
Albany Medical College Regular M.D.03-AUG-01
Boston University Regular M.D.
Case Western Reserve Univ Regular M.D.08-AUG-01
George Washington University Regular M.D.
Jefferson Medical College Regular M.D. 31-JUL-01
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Regular M.D. 02-AUG-01 Keck School of Medicine Univ of Southern Cal Regular M.D. MCP<>Hahnemann University School of Medicine Regular M.D.08-AUG-01
Mayo Medical School Regular M.D.06-AUG-01
Mount Sinai School of Medicine Regular M.D.
Oregon Health Sciences Univ Regular M.D. 02-AUG-01 Saint Louis University Regular M.D. 03-AUG-01
Tufts University Regular M.D. 02-AUG-01 Tulane University Regular M.D.01-AUG-01
Univ of Michigan Regular M.D.
Univ of Pittsburgh Regular M.D. 01-AUG-01
Univ of Rochester Regular M.D. Univ of Vermont Regular M.D.07-AUG-01
Univ of Washington Regular M.D.02-AUG-01
University of Virginia School of Medicine Regular M.D. 02-AUG-01 Wake Forest Regular M.D. 06-AUG-0
Washington University Regular M.D. 30-JUL-01 Since some of the dates are from before AMCAS even announced they were sending out paper copies to schools, this must be another bug.

Hi Guys!!

So...my application had dates on it too..and then they were removed..and now they are back again!!!!!!!! I submitted my application on june 28th and it was not processed until now. Actually..it has NOT still been verified...as I don't have those slashes that seem to appear on those applications that have been processed. I also don't have the processing date. I don't know what to expect anymore!!!I gues..we should jsut call schools and ask if they have the VERIFIED applications, versus the 1 page summaries. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll go call some CA schools and see what's up..I will post any info I can get from them.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok...update:
I've call a bunch of uc's and Stanford..They DO NOT have my application! In fact San Diego..has NO applications at all. Theya re expecting them next week! Some guy at Stanford told me that its possible that my application was transmitted, but its stuck in a server..waiting to be downloaded!

So..basically..we are back to where we started! I, for one.. am NOT enjoying the ride! :confused:

Oh well...

Originally posted by Puff Pastry:
•Ok...update:
I've call a bunch of uc's and Stanford..They DO NOT have my application! In fact San Diego..has NO applications at all. Theya re expecting them next week! Some guy at Stanford told me that its possible that my application was transmitted, but its stuck in a server..waiting to be downloaded!

So..basically..we are back to where we started! I, for one.. am NOT enjoying the ride! :confused:

Oh well...•

San Diego has NO APPS? How could that be? They definitely screen applicants and there are a few on this forum that have recieved UCSD secondaries. Amazingly, a few of them are out of state!

My dates appeared, then disappeared (but would still print out although I couldn't see them on my computer screen!?!?), and then reappeared. Weirder and weirder.

Okay,

I checked my application today and I have transmittal date of July 29th for my only school (EDP). still not verified.

My EDP school emailed me two days ago and said that they have not received it and that they are expecting transmittals in 7-10 days. Obviously, my submittal date is a computer glitch or something. This is really starting to get annoying.

I know you all agree.......

later

Can those be the dates that they submitted our name and email addresses to the school? it definetely can not be the date for the one-page summary because those go out next week.

i'm not exagerating, and I'm far from anal, but AMCAS should declare a state of emergency. they should get outside help to sort things out. all med schools will have is numbers for at least another month with those friggin' "one page summaries". it's such a mess, it's disgusting. gunners will rule class of 2006! the class slogan will be: "Robots Rule!"

Washington University in St. Louis will be in a state of Nirvana this year--with numbers taking over names--it'll fuel their innate thirst for 37+MCATers. they'll battle with Duke, Johns Hopkins, and UC San Diego for the biggest maddest robots out there.

Just checked my app again and now all transmittal dates have been erased.

To P3732:

Yes, UCSD has no applications from AMCAS. I was told this by thhier office today. I know that some people have gotten secondaries. I think UCSD was asking people to send in copies of their printed AMCAS to screen for 2ndaries. That might be it. That seems to be the only logical explanation.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sz:
•To P3732:

Yes, UCSD has no applications from AMCAS. I was told this by thhier office today. I know that some people have gotten secondaries. I think UCSD was asking people to send in copies of their printed AMCAS to screen for 2ndaries. That might be it. That seems to be the only logical explanation.
:rolleyes:

SZ, I talked with UCSD and they said they are not accepting paper AMCAS and just to wait for Friday (tomorrow) for the alternate UC pathway. I don't know how some people on this board got secondaries, especially one person who submitted July 13, one week after me and many other people who have not received word from UCSD. AMCAS you amaze me.
:)

Earlier today none of my schools had a transmittal date. Then I checked again after dinner and three of my schools had transmittal dates from July.

UCSF July 19
Duke July 20
Stanford July 20

I don't know why they appeared all of the sudden, because my grades haven't been verified yet. My friend who applied to the same schools had the exact same thing happen. AMCAS is so frustrating!!! I think we should all get some kind of refund for having to put up with this crap.

Reasons why I love this board:
1) great people who are all striving for the same thing and help each other out
2) Great info early on
3) I feel like I am getting everything done quickly and on time!

Reasons why everyone on this board needs to get out more:
1) Everyone here is stressing out about everything so much!!! AMCAS knows what it is doing (haha..sorry...had to laugh here)...and they are just playing around...college gets your app now or later, doesn't really matter in the long run...
2) Baylor21 and I got tricked into believing we had something we didn't... :( Very very sad day in both of our lives! hahaha
3) Summer should be about having a little fun..and this whole sending in paper apps while I bet everyone who does not know of this board has not sent in any paper apps! We are probably less than 1% of the people applying..think of how far ahead we are!

So, while I love this board..it increases my stress level from about ready to snap...to about snapped in 5,000 different places!!!!

I was about to jump up and check to see if my transmission dates had been removed too...I posted earlier that mine did not have any...b/c it was different from everyone else's...then I checked later and they were there...I printed it...and saved it....then i read they were disappearing..i was about to go check them again..when i thought....so what? who cares if they disappear? Is it going to affect my application? Hellz nah! So chill..have a beer..and work on a secondary essay...Stop checking the transmission dates...of course, I am sure no one will listen to me :)

Just a few things,
1) I think the transmittal dates must be an error, because, like many of you I have transmittal dates beside many of my schools, but a few of the ones that do not have transmittal dates, i have received emails from saying they got my email address etc. from AMCAS.
2) Although it is an error, you gotta admit that it does look cool seeing all those dates out there :)
3) I think its hillarious how when there is something new in my app or with the whole process, my first instinct is to run and post it on SDN. and its quite comforting to get here and see a thread with nearly 30 posts of people who have the exact same problem. It's great. i wanna go to med school with every one of you! :)

I called Aug 6 and was told my app would go out this week (EDP) but it had not as of that day. Today a transmittal date of July 25 showed up. Go figure?

Im not EDP, and i submitted 13th July. I am not processed, and my certification button hasnt changed. But after reading these posts, I went and checked, and behold i discovered transmittal dates too. Kinda weird the way this stuff is working out (the schools below with no dates had no transmittal dates).
It sux that i kinda gave up with the Yale and Mt. Sinai secondaries, I have this gut feeling im not going to get in. :confused:

Case Western Reserve Univ Regular M.D. 07-AUG-01

Medical College of Ohio/Toledo Regular M.D.

NY Mount Sinai School of Medicine Regular M.D.

Northeastern Ohio Universities Regular M.D. 24-JUL-01

Ohio State University Regular M.D. 23-JUL-01

Pennsylvania State University Regular M.D. 18-JUL-01

Univ of Cincinnati Regular M.D.

Univ of Michigan Regular M.D. 24-JUL-01

Wright State University Regular M.D. 18-JUL-01

Yale University Regular M.D. 03-AUG-01

Just to follow up from above, I had a small question.......i made some small changes in the personal experiences section after i submitted, but it was after some of the so-called AMCAS transmittal dates. I dont know whether they transmitted the modified stuff or the old ones.....anyone have a clue?

I don't think those transmittal dates mean a thing, and if by some small chance they do, it's probably only the one-page summary that they're sending out before they get around to sending our complete applications. So I wouldn't worry.

I also don't believe that the trasmittal dates mean anything. I work at lsu-new orleans and stopped off this past week to see if they had heard anything about amcas and if they were going to establish an alternative pathway. what i was told was that they had recieved NOTHING from amcas concerning applications (however, the person i spoke to had been out of the office for a few days, but since he is in admissions, he said he would have definately heard about it if it had in fact occured). and this was after the so-called transmittal date on my application for Aug. 1!! go figure

I suddenly have transmittal dates for 7 of the 10 schools i applied to, some of which are early july, some are yesterday. Yesterday I called all the schools I'm applying to and they all have my 1 page app summary.

my credit card finally cleared, it only took about 2 weeks, not to happy about the bill, but at least i know they have seen my app at amcas.

i called this moringing, which is a little later in the afternoon for a lot of you, and the lady said that my app is suppose to be sent on the 20th of august . . . yeah, right!!! and monkeys might fly out of my butt . . . :D

After reading this thread I checked my application and 7 out of my 9 schools had transmission dates. When I heard about them disappearing I checked again and sure enough they were gone. I just checked again (I know, it sounds very anal doesn't it!) and they were still gone, but when I refreshed the screen they reappeared! Never a dull moment with AMCAS!

has anyone called amcas about this? if so, pls let us know what they said.

Originally posted by C U in MD school:
•has anyone called amcas about this? if so, pls let us know what they said.•

I was calling a few of my designated schools last week and to my suprise, some had my name and address and some other info. However, I was told that they did not have a complete app. yet. I also have the transmittal dates on my app now, so I'm assuming that this means basic info is being sent to schools on the specified dates.

I'm now thinking that maybe those transmittal dates are for REALLY basic info (name, address, e-mail) and not even the one page summaries. How else to explain the secondaries folks are getting with their apps not processed or verified?

Originally posted by SMW:
•I'm now thinking that maybe those transmittal dates are for REALLY basic info (name, address, e-mail) and not even the one page summaries. How else to explain the secondaries folks are getting with their apps not processed or verified?•
I got secondaries way before the dates AMCAS is showing me for when med schools got the unspecified information. A bug? One can only speculate. ;)

Hey guys! Just to clear things up, someone I just spoke with at amcas mentioned that the transmission date (on your printout) was essentially the date that preliminary data was sent (name, address, email). Because of this, applications really don't need to be verified and processed at this point.
-The paper apps they sent out this week were the unverified versions of your complete application
-The verified forms will be sent electronically once it's been processed.
If you think about it, it's kinda funny what amcas is doing. (piece-meal approach to pacifying medical schools!!) Giving a little bit first.....then a little bit more later......and so on. It creates the impression that their level of incompetence isn't so extreme.

Originally posted by Jacky:
•Hey guys! Just to clear things up, someone I just spoke with at amcas mentioned that the transmission date (on your printout) was essentially the date that preliminary data was sent (name, address, email). Because of this, applications really don't need to be verified and processed at this point.
-The paper apps they sent out this week were the unverified versions of your complete application
-The verified forms will be sent electronically once it's been processed.
If you think about it, it's kinda funny what amcas is doing. (piece-meal approach to pacifying medical schools!!) Giving a little bit first.....then a little bit more later......and so on. It creates the impression that their level of incompetence isn't so extreme.•

Huh? I'm lost here. Why doesnt AMCAS need to verify applications? If AMCAS doenst verify the coursework, that means we will have to send out official transcripts ourselves to every single school we are applying to. Its a sad, sad day if that happens.

My app has been processed for awhile so AMCAS's implication that the apps will be transmitted electronically soon after they are processed is not accurate, right now at least.

The electronic transmission process is in a complete shambles, and I've seen virtually NO progress on this issue for the last 4 weeks.

And besides, if what AMCAS says is true, its obvious that AMCAS must have re-programmed their software on the date transmittal section.

Theres no way that originally AMCAS designed the transmittal date section to display such an unimportant event as sending out AMCAS ID, email info instead of using it for its obvious purpose: displaying the date whereupon electronic transmission of the full AMCAS app to each school occurred.

Instead of wasting effort and spending time jury-rigging the app like this, they need to devote their effort to working on electronic transmission and disappearing extracurriculars problems.