Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

transportation office

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by cavaor, Apr 22, 2007.

1. cavaor

cavaor Member

Does anyone know if the transportation office that arranges our moves can arrange details over the telephone? My closest base is a few hours away and of course they are in standard business hours operation. Unfortunately, I have clinical responsibilities up until my move. Im hoping that I can do this over the phone but its always busy.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. K-steiner

K-steiner New Member

they were very unhelpful via telephone; I called them to get basic info and their response was guarded at best. this was in very profound contrast to their demeanor in the office: they were efficient (yep, I said "efficient" :) ) and helpful in person. conclusion: if you get ahold of them via the phone, just set up an appointment and go.

call around, as there may be a transportation or personal property office closer to you than the base that's a couple hours away. though I am not in the Air Force, I was sent to the Nat'l Guard post, where the nice lady in the Air Force Transportation office did my paperwork.

the whole thing took about 20 mins, tops.