transportation office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavaor

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the transportation office that arranges our moves can arrange details over the telephone? My closest base is a few hours away and of course they are in standard business hours operation. Unfortunately, I have clinical responsibilities up until my move. Im hoping that I can do this over the phone but its always busy.

Members don't see this ad.

they were very unhelpful via telephone; I called them to get basic info and their response was guarded at best. this was in very profound contrast to their demeanor in the office: they were efficient (yep, I said "efficient" :) ) and helpful in person. conclusion: if you get ahold of them via the phone, just set up an appointment and go.

call around, as there may be a transportation or personal property office closer to you than the base that's a couple hours away. though I am not in the Air Force, I was sent to the Nat'l Guard post, where the nice lady in the Air Force Transportation office did my paperwork.

the whole thing took about 20 mins, tops.