transportation to scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an interview at Scholl in about 2 weeks and I was wondering if you had any advice about transportation there. Shuttles are about $50 each way from O'Hare and I'm wondering if there's a cheaper way to get to the area without renting a car. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Chicago is a nightmare to drive in but shuttles and cabs aren't a great way to make it to an interview on time and they'll end up costing you more in the long run.

I'd rent a car and drive if I were you, but be prepared to have change so that you can pay the 4 or 5 tolls along the way. The tolls are about $1.20 per booth.

I'd agree and say renting a car is the way to go. Relying on somebody else to get you there on time is not the position you want to put yourself in on interview day.

Definitely bring change for tolls as previously mentioned and also rent a GPS for the car (if you don't decide to bring your own if you own one). Getting lost and taking wrong turns in Chicago is inevitable, so you'll want to give yourself PLENTY of time to screw up, get on the right roads, and arrive at the interview with time to spare.

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't rent a car, and this is how i got around:

I stayed in the hotel the school recommended (candlewood suites or something). i arrived early the day before, and told reception i needed the shuttle (which went right to the school) at a certain time. I made sure I left an hour before, which meant I was waiting around, but I didn't mind. the same shuttle picks you up when you are done and gets you back to the hotel. you can even call them to pick you up.

getting to the hotel was a mess because of the winter snow. if you take a taxi to the hotel from o'hare, make sure it is american taxi because they give you a flat fare (around 35 -40 dollars). anyone but american taxi will charge you 75 dollars or more.

http://www.americantaxi.com/

getting back i found people who were going back to the airport so it was alot cheaper. join the facebook forum and see if anyone can share a ride with you.

p.s if you do drive, and you have EZ pass, i think they take it for tolls. bring it with you or find out.