Trapped and no place to go

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha
Anyways, so I'm scheduled to take the exam on June 22 in California (Anaheim) and right now, EVERY SINGLE TEST DATE in June is filled up and within a 30 mile radius...

Even if I want to postpone, I'm doomed! I'm curious if anyone on SDN reading this thread are taking it the same week and would be interested in switching (by any random chance). I'd prefer to have an extra few days.

Members don't see this ad.

haha
Anyways, so I'm scheduled to take the exam on June 22 in California (Anaheim) and right now, EVERY SINGLE TEST DATE in June is filled up and within a 30 mile radius...

Even if I want to postpone, I'm doomed! I'm curious if anyone on SDN reading this thread are taking it the same week and would be interested in switching (by any random chance). I'd prefer to have an extra few days.

This is a message from God... from high above... to NOT change test date (unless you are doing really really bad on NBME's)..

Really? i finish my run throughs on June 17th..I only have 4 days to review FIRST AID, and final reveiw for pharm and bugs...is that really enough time?

That would mean I would only be able to go through first AID for a second run through...first run through = as im studying systems

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice would be to check the prometric site multiple times a day. I noticed the spots open up and get filled throughout the day. I was in the same situation, but finally found the day I wanted to switch to. I literally would check once every couple hours during study breaks.

haha thanks

ive been checking every hour for the past few days, no openings after the 22nd which is what I want =(

I dont HAVE to postpone but 3 days is not enough for a review of FA, Qbank, bugs/drugs etc...

haha thanks

ive been checking every hour for the past few days, no openings after the 22nd which is what I want =(

That's funny. I was on the 22nd also and wanted around July 1st. So I kept checking and kept finding a day close to the 1st but not as close as I hoped/ So in the last 3 days I went from the 22nd to the 24th to the 25th and finally today the 1st was available. lol

oh wow, are u based in anaheim? i didnt see any days open up all day and yesterday and the day before haha...

my UWorld QBank is 66% with about 50% done. They're NOT timed. However, I notice I get the same score or higher if I timed it (did it a few times). I do it by section too, so I'll do genitourinary, repro, endo at once but i wont do it completely random.

NBME 4: 220 (last week). With about 2 weeks to go.

haha

I was in a similar situation to you. My test was scheduled for June 23, and the next available date after that was the first day of 3rd year, so obviously that wouldn't work. I ended up moving my test to a center that is about an hour away so I can take it on July 2. I'll probably end up getting a hotel room the night before, although it's an afternoon test, so I could get away with driving there that morning if I really wanted to.

I dont see why they cant open more testing rooms at those locations for the month of June..

If u look all of June is full, July is completely empty!

Members don't see this ad :)
I found the test day I wanted by installing one of the auto-reload extensions into Firefox. It literally reloaded the prometric page every minute and I had it running while I was studying. I would notice that times would open up and then close again in a matter of minutes. If you want a new time give this a try.

nah, its not randomized enough...i do things by subjects, so its an overinflation.
Timing isn't an issue, I did a few tests and always finished on time, but the fact that it's not randomized was a big issue for me...

I scored a 220 last week and taking my next practice this weekend. If I score a 230+ I'll be golden!

Not caring for anything crazy like 240+ since I'm doing internal...I'm transferring med schools so a big concern for me in the future is the question they ask during residency "why did u transfer" and their possibility of questioning my comittment to their program....so definitely want a 230+ score for Internal

too high tech for me..anythign for google browser?

Couldn't find anything like it for google browser but it might be out there. Really is not too high tech. Otherwise you just have to reload prometric yourself all day and that will waste some serious time. I have noticed that times seem to open up a few days before the test. Probably because people get cold feet at the last minute. You might be able to postpone like that but it will cost you about $100 to cancel within 5 days of your test date.

I didn't even know such a program existed. Good to know. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm taking my exam in Virginia. I'm actually from the Souther Cal area, but go to school in Va and figure I would limit my distractions by staying at school. If you don't mind sharing, what school did you go to and what school are you transferring to? I ask because I considered trying to transfer, but kind of gave up on the idea bc school was so busy. Thanks!

nah, its not randomized enough...i do things by subjects, so its an overinflation.
Timing isn't an issue, I did a few tests and always finished on time, but the fact that it's not randomized was a big issue for me...

I scored a 220 last week and taking my next practice this weekend. If I score a 230+ I'll be golden!

Not caring for anything crazy like 240+ since I'm doing internal...I'm transferring med schools so a big concern for me in the future is the question they ask during residency "why did u transfer" and their possibility of questioning my comittment to their program....so definitely want a 230+ score for Internal

I'm in the same boat of hell as you-- about half done with UWorld except with a much lower average, about 56% (random and timed). Scored 225 on NBME 5 last weekend with 13 days to go. Have 4 days of a whirlwind review of just first aid and pharm. I'm going to die, but I refuse to push this exam back any further. I'm aiming for a 235.

I'm in the same boat of hell as you-- about half done with UWorld except with a much lower average, about 56% (random and timed). Scored 225 on NBME 5 last weekend with 13 days to go. Have 4 days of a whirlwind review of just first aid and pharm. I'm going to die, but I refuse to push this exam back any further. I'm aiming for a 235.

Silas and Ihaveverbal:

Question for you : I am using UWORLD timed and by subjects. I am around 62% with 80% left ( I know it is early). I am studying by systems so this 20% represents renal, cardio, respiratory and endocrine (physio,pharm,pathphys,embryo,path) . I haven't taken any NBME yet but I had a 200 in CBSA at the end of semester. Am I in a really bad shape?:scared: I think you guys are in a good shape. Anyway, let me know...

You are in fantastic shape I think...starting off with a score of 200 and having more than a month to study...are you international?

If you are, you probably "HAVE" to get an impressive score for a US residency, no?

You are in fantastic shape I think...starting off with a score of 200 and having more than a month to study...are you international?

If you are, you probably "HAVE" to get an impressive score for a US residency, no?

Thank you, no and no. I study in Puerto Rico but we are LCME accredited (many people here in SDN Don't know that), just like any U.S. School. So I am not an IMG. If I get anything between 230 and 240 I will be very happy. 220 is average for any Internal Medicine Residency (according to 2009 Match) so I will try to give my best to be in that range (220-240).

You are on your way...I think you should be well within that range given your Qbank score...

I hope for 230 or in the 230s range...nothing below, and anything above won't be too shabby either, but I'm not gunnin for that =)