Travel ? for OOS MCW Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurochic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what time did you arrive at the airport (mke?) after the interview?

the latest flight i could find leaves at 6:15pm. the school suggests not to schedule a flight before 6:30pm (interview day ends at ~4:30pm). just wondering what peoples experiences were/if anyone had a problem catching their flight home.

thanks! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

what time did you arrive at the airport (mke?) after the interview?

the latest flight i could find leaves at 6:15pm. the school suggests not to schedule a flight before 6:30pm (interview day ends at ~4:30pm). just wondering what peoples experiences were/if anyone had a problem catching their flight home.

thanks! :luck:

You should be just fine. When I was interviewing there, the director of admissions said that they have always ended by 4:00pm, but they say 4:30pm "just in case". At any rate, it's about a 20-30 minute drive to the airport from MCW, barring any traffic problems.

Good Luck.

I didn't come in from OOS, but I do recall from my interview that 2 people had similar situations as you. The med school let those two people go a bit early. Just let them know that you might have to leave before the ending talk (there really isn't anything incredibly important said in the last half hour). Besides, my interview was done by 4:00pm not 4:30pm as they originally told you. In regards to getting to airport: It should take you about 20-30 mins in a cab. And the Milwaukee airport is not busy at all. The longest wait I've ever had there is about 1:30 hours from the entrance to the gate. The majority of time it's under 30 minutes. True, if you have the worst possible experiences, you would cut it very close. But, I think you should be fine.