Travel from Laguardia to Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmills66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have flown into LGA and interviewed at columbia: If my flight arrives at 7:00 AM, do I have enough time to take a taxi to columbia and arrive by 8:30 AM? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you might but i wouldnt risk it. traffic will be insane. take the subway it will be faster. cab over to junction street take 7 express to time square and take 1 all the way up to 168th street.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha there's never a set answer for that kind of question when it involves long island/ny traffic. just pray to god that your flight gets in on time and/or that there are no major accidents on your way there. because believe it or not, even though it's technically not THAT far, it could take you a while. especially since that's rush hour time. you're putting yourself in a dangerous situation, my friend. good luck and godspeed!

Note: At 7 AM I took the 7 train from Flushing-Main St. to Times Square, then 1 up to 168 and arrived at roughly 8:30. Arriving at LGA at 7 AM might be cutting it too close; it takes a few minutes just getting off the plane and you might not be able to flag down a taxi immediately.