TRAVEL from OIS to NMCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cobernavy

cobernavy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After I finish OIS in Newport this summer, I was wondering if I could fly to NMCSD if my spouse heads out with our car while I'm in Newport. How many days of travel do I get if going by plane? I have heard that they will arrange my flight at OIS but I was interested in stopping in NYC for a day to see my brother before heading west. Can I book a flight from NYC to SD? Will I get reimbursed if I book it myself or does it have to be arranged at OIS? I have heard different things from different people I have called....

Members don't see this ad.

After I finish OIS in Newport this summer, I was wondering if I could fly to NMCSD if my spouse heads out with our car while I'm in Newport. How many days of travel do I get if going by plane? I have heard that they will arrange my flight at OIS but I was interested in stopping in NYC for a day to see my brother before heading west. Can I book a flight from NYC to SD? Will I get reimbursed if I book it myself or does it have to be arranged at OIS? I have heard different things from different people I have called....

I believe if you fly, you'll only get one day of travel time. Do not book any flights yourself without talking to the travel people at OIS, if you want to be reimbursed. You probably won't get reimbursed if you do that.

I would wait until you get to OIS to get some of these details hammered out.