Travel to Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kimka83

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to get to Yale? I cannot get a direct flight to New Haven. Where should I fly to? I would like to make the trip as short as possible.

~Kim

Members don't see this ad.

Kimka83 said:
Hey folks,
Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to get to Yale? I cannot get a direct flight to New Haven. Where should I fly to? I would like to make the trip as short as possible.

~Kim

BDL (bradley) in hartford (actually in windsor locks).....i'd say a 50 minute drive city to city on the highway

by you can't get a direct flight, you mean you won't go to a 1-stop flight or something?.....it's probably worth it....btw, that timing i gave is w/ no traffic....there will be traffic

Members don't see this ad :)
Kimka83 said:
Hey folks,

~Kim
Try to fly Southwest, or another airline that goes cheaply to Bradley (Hartford/Windsor Locks, CT). Then you can take "Connecticut Limo" (ctlimo.com for the pricing, no reservation necessary though) to New Haven, or sometimes even Phelps Gate (on the Yale Old Campus). If they won't take you directly to Phelps Gate, it's just a $7.00 taxi ride from the New Haven Connecticut Limo terminal.

In summary:
Fly to Hartford
Take CTLimo to New Haven
-------

Alternatively, if it's easier for you to get to NYC:
Get to Grand Central
Take MetroNorth Railroad to New Haven (~$17.00)

drinklord said:
Alternatively, if it's easier for you to get to NYC:
Get to Grand Central
Take MetroNorth Railroad to New Haven (~$17.00)

I take this train all the time: it's a little under 2 hours usually, FYI

Be careful with CTlimo if you're trying to fly back the same day as your interview. The last CTlimo leaves Sports Haven (the closest stop to the med school that non-students are able to use) at 4 PM, and you have to be there by 3:40 PM to be safe. Thus, you should have a taxi pick you up to take you to Sports Haven by 3:15 at the latest (to allow for traffic or a late taxi), which can be a problem if the tour runs over as mine did. My interview day didn't end until 3 PM, which left me running to catch my taxi and forced me to fly home in my suit and uncomfortable interviewing shoes.

If somehow you can get a flight significantly cheaper to NYC, do that, because you can take a shuttle for $40 directly to Yale. Otherwise fly to Bradley in Hartford (where you will still have to take a $20 shuttle to get to Yale.)

unicorn06 said:
Be careful with CTlimo if you're trying to fly back the same day as your interview. The last CTlimo leaves Sports Haven (the closest stop to the med school that non-students are able to use) at 4 PM, and you have to be there by 3:40 PM to be safe. Thus, you should have a taxi pick you up to take you to Sports Haven by 3:15 at the latest (to allow for traffic or a late taxi), which can be a problem if the tour runs over as mine did. My interview day didn't end until 3 PM, which left me running to catch my taxi and forced me to fly home in my suit and uncomfortable interviewing shoes.

Yikes. I was at Yale on Monday and my second interview lasted until close to 4! I wouldn't have come even close to making my ride :scared:

i walked by interviewees on Friday, idk if any of you were in that group