traveling from d.c. to nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thinmint

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
a while back someone was talking about the chinatown buses that go from washington d.c. to nyc. i'm flying into d.c. from california and then i need to get to nyc. to anyone that has ridden these buses before, what is it like? is it reliable? how long does it take? is it comfortable? where does it leave from in d.c. and where does it arrive in nyc? i tried to get some info on the websites but they don't have a lot of details. i would appreciate the information, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't ridden those buses from DC to NYC but I have ridden from NYC to phila and back on two separate occasions. Everything was very timely and reiiable. I highly recommend it. check out this website for more info:

www.ivymedia.com

I have to go up to boston in mid Nov and I plan on taking those buses again. They haven't let me down yet. Good luck to you!

www.2000coach.com

it is pretty reliable, although you want to get to the pickup location at least 30 minutes early as the buses fill up quickly, and you can get a more comfortable aisle seat that way. takes about 4.5 hours, and will drop you off around the manhattan bridge (near canal street in chinatown)

i know plenty of people who have taken the chinatown bus. it is reliable, and you should definitely take it. good luck.

ps. i live in dc.