traveling in New York City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who's been to New York City for interviews recently could tell me how traveling there was. I haven't been there since I was a kid, so I would be wondering anyway, but I was wondering if security is really tightened and also if you felt safe.

I just started thinking about this because I visited a government building the other day and there were were tons of different security measures in place that had never been there before... car checks and police everywhere and stuff. Just wondering what to expect...

Thanks for any information...it's sort of a vague question. :)

Members don't see this ad.

elle,

When I was in NY a few weeks ago, it didn't seem any different than how it seemed when I was there in January. Airport security is another issue... Travel by subway was pretty much normal. I really didn't think about my safety; it never crossed my mind.

It makes sense that they'd have heightened security at govn't buildings and the like. To be honest I felt safe UNTIL I got knocked down by some lame shoplifter...the *****!! Anyways, you'll be fine!

Good luck at your interview! Have fun in the Big Apple!!

Hi Elle,
NY is pretty much the same as ever. Except if you are flying in then just expect a wait. Good luck on your interviews!