Traveling to Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have interviews back to back at Maryland and Bayview.

1. Any central hotels?
2. Better to fly into baltimore or dulles?
3. Rent a car or public transit?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have interviews back to back at Maryland and Bayview.

1. Any central hotels?
2. Better to fly into baltimore or dulles?
3. Rent a car or public transit?

1. yes
2. baltimore
3. public transit, 1.60 to and from airport and public transit drops off into Johns Hopkins hospital

Thanks, In what parts of Baltimore are decent places to stay? I was going to select inner harbor and university village? on hotwire...

Members don't see this ad :)
The Best western by Bayview gave me a 89 dollar/night "Hopkins rate" and they shuttle you to both Bayview (<5min) and U Maryland (another applicant just asked the front desk and they were nice enough to drive them over ~ 15 min without traffic). Rented a car from "next car rental" for ~ 40 dollars/day.

Probably not the nicest area but super convenient.

Check out Admiral Fell Inn and Henderson's Wharf both in Fells Point. Ask about any Hopkins discount. Inner Harbor is fine just more generic and a little further away. The Inn at 2920 is cool in Canton but I don't know if they have JHU discount rates-would have to ask.
http://www.theinnat2920.com/current-specials.html

There is a Courtyard Marriott in Inner Harbor East which is in a decent location and could be reasonably priced.

Whatever you do, DO NOT fly into Dulles. It's 40 minutes west of DC... You'd be a gazillion miles from Baltimore and would have to pay a small fortune to get there.