Traveling to Interview From Another Country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reaton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Amercian currently living in another country. I have applied to several DO and MD schools and have a interview in November to a MD school in New York. I am currently making travel arrangements to travel to the November inteview and have not heard from the DO schools as of yet.

I have only enough money to travel back home once. Would it be out of the question to email the DO schools I have applied to and tell them of my circumstances and ask if they would be willing to tell me if I will be receiving an inteview and can it be scheduled the month I am home?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am an Amercian currently living in another country. I have applied to several DO and MD schools and have a interview in November to a MD school in New York. I am currently making travel arrangements to travel to the November inteview and have not heard from the DO schools as of yet.

I have only enough money to travel back home once. Would it be out of the question to email the DO schools I have applied to and tell them of my circumstances and ask if they would be willing to tell me if I will be receiving an inteview and can it be scheduled the month I am home?

Thanks

I don't think it would be a problem. There was a thread about this recently (except traveling to one state for an interview and not wanting to leave and then come back for an interview at a different school in the same state), and I think people said a call or email describing your situation would be fine.

What country??

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the schools I have spoke with have been more the willing to work around situations like that. I'm not out of the country, but they all have been great at answering questions and very flexible with circumstances like that.

Very cool ...
Give the schools a polite phone call explaining your situation ... I would be shocked if they wouldn't be willing to work with you, considering you are coming from Africa to interview.

I'm sitting in Bradenton right now for my interview tomorrow. I flew in from Central America last night. The schools I spoke to were quite accommodating. I was asking to juggle scheduling to fit two interviews into one trip, not contacting schools that had yet to offer me an interview.

If you have reasonable expectations, it can't hurt to ask.

Good luck!
T

I wrote to three schools this morning at 6:00 and by 1:30 PM I received an email from one of them inviting me to interview. HOPE to hear from at least two more!

Thanks for the encouragement!