1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Traveling to Michigan

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hopkins2010, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Is there any kind of shuttle or bus that runs from the airport to the Michigan campus?

Is the undergraduate campus at the same location as the med school/medical center?

How is everybody else getting around in the Ann Arbor area?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Yo baylor..jalbrekt will be in michigan this weekend...hook up with him and I am sure you guys can share taxi rides and all that!

4. old lady

old lady Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    There is a shuttle bus that goes to and from the airport. I don't remember the name of it, but it is about $10 and will drop you off anywhere on campus. Everything is within walking distance once you get there. Have fun in Ann Arbor! I recommend Amer's Deli for food and Ashley's Pub for beer.

5. Blue Tooth

Blue Tooth Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The shuttle no longer exists and it was definitely not #10 when it did. Look as hard as you can to split a taxi both ways. You're looking about $40-50 one way if you go alone.

6. redowa

redowa Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hm that's interesting... In the invite packet that I got from Michigan, they mentioned a shuttle service called Community Transportation Co. that goes directly from the airport to various locations in Ann Arbor, including the Michigan Union and the University Hospital. $46 roundtrip, $28 one way. Baylor21, check your packet of info -- it should be in there.

7. baylor06

baylor06 Surgeon
    10+ Year Member

:( Sorry that's a big negative. I'm at UM right now for an interview tomorrow. The shuttle service stopped at the end of June. I'm going to let the Admissions folks know tomorrow. The cab costs a minimum of $38 to $47 depending of what service you use. An unfortunate additional expense.