Traveling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FJM1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I've been accepted to one school, still waiting to hear back from 3 others that I interviewed at. I'm planning a trip to go to thailand for about a month and want to leave sometime in May. I'm planning on leaving after the 15th deadline. My question is if at that point I'm still on a waiting list, waiting to hear from a school, do you think it would be ok for me to be abroad without knowing for sure where I am going yet. Can most things be handled through email and internet? I've been trying to think of situations in which I'd have to be in the US but can't really think of anything. Wanted to get some opinions of people who have gone through the application process before i book my flight. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure once you're done with interviews, everything else can be handled electronically and/or by mail (the latter of which will be difficult to do from thailand, but easier than anything you'd need to do in-person). Check with each schools you're waitlisted at to make sure.