Travelling to Uconn

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GuesswhozBizzak, Nov 12, 2002.

1. GuesswhozBizzak

Hello....

I have to get to Uconn for an interview on Dec 6th, and am not sure which airport I need to fly into, or whether they have student billets available. Any info from someone who has gone through the Uconn interview already would be more than appreciated. Thanks a lot. By the way, I'm coming from Toronto.

~JZ

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GuesswhozBizzak

Ok, so this is the deal....

I checked the Blueprint and it said that you can stay in either Hartford, New Britain, Plainville or Sounthington. Each are a 10 min drive to the Health Centre in Farmington.

The Airport in CT is Windsor Locks. I've never personally heard of it coming from the north, but I understand it is a 45 min drive to the Health Centre.

It's all good-hope the interview experience is fun. This is my first and I'm really looking forward to it.

~JZ

4. ummm... you should fly into hartford right? its a major airport. ive never heard of windsor locks and i have lived here for 4 years

5. GuesswhozBizzak

Yeah Wexy...the airport is called Bradley International airport with the designation BDL, however, it is in Hartford/Windsor Locks. Thanks for the reply.

6. SistaKaren

SistaKaren Displaced Tar Heel

Resident [Any Field]
    No way! There's no way the airport is 45 minutes from the Health Center. I spent my summer at UCHC....maybe I just drive like a maniac, but I cannot imagine it takes that long. I'd say 30 if there's traffic.

Then again..I speed a lot...it's hard not to in CT! hehehe

And I'm always surprised that BDL's the major airport for that area...it's so..bobo. It's the only airport that lets you park outside of the terminal to wait for arrivals in our post 9/11 era.

Karen

7. Iron Horse

Iron Horse The luckiest man

The Health Center is a 30 minute drive from Bradley. You should be able to stay with a student -- I would highly recommend this as you can gain insight from them and reduce your costs. If for some reason you cannot find a host, Farmington is pretty and close, but more expensive to overnight. Hartford is over ten minutes drive, most likely. No need to go as far as Southington. Plainville is about 10/15 minutes and will be cheap, but very commercial and ugly.

Good luck.