Treatment planning systems, What do you use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digimon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
we use CMS products, XIO for planning and Focal for contouring (mostly). IMPAC's Multiaccess (soon to be Mosaic) for EMR.
We also use Brainlab/iPlan for our Linac Based Radiosurgeries (Novalis).
Brachyvision for conformal brachy planning.
Just curious what others use at their respective institutions. Any pro's or con's? I find it difficult to know the pros and cons of different systems.

Members don't see this ad.

we use CMS products, XIO for planning and Focal for contouring (mostly). IMPAC's Multiaccess (soon to be Mosaic) for EMR.
We also use Brainlab/iPlan for our Linac Based Radiosurgeries (Novalis).
Brachyvision for conformal brachy planning.
Just curious what others use at their respective institutions. Any pro's or con's? I find it difficult to know the pros and cons of different systems.

We also use XiO, IMPAC, Brainlab.

Treatment planning: Pinnacle (including SRS). All contours done on Pinnacle, Tomotherapy plans are optimized on the Tomo TPS.
Brachytherapy: Nucletron Plato; Variseed

I'll say that Plato isn't the most user friendly platform, I think Nucletron has tried to address some of this with their new Oncentra platform. As far as TPSs go, I've had a little experience w/ AcQSim and plunc as well. They're all about equal in my view, although I have to say that once you get over the cosmetically unappealing facet of plunc (linux based), it is a really nice, powerful system.

EMR just recently switched to Epic hospitalwide. As far as departmental EMR, we have Vision for electronic portal imaging, and TimePlanner (not sure of company) for scheduling, etc.

eclipse for ebrt, brachy, srs treatment planning.