Trending GPA vs cumulative gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distressstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a GPA of 3.55, but I have a strong upward trend of 3.6, 3.8, 3.8, and 4.0 the last four quarters (the quarters before that I got a 3.1 and a bunch of 3.3). It doesn't seem like I can get a 4.0 this quarter, but I still have an option of sending in my transcript to aadsas without my spring grades. If I end up getting a 3.65 for the quarter, should I send in my spring grades or no? On one hand, it will still raise my cumulative gpa. On the other hand, I broke my high GPA trend.

*Another thing to note is that I have actually asked one or two admission person about sending in spring grades, and they have all recommended me to wait for spring grades because I am only a Junior and don't have much courses under my belt. However, I think that is more for them than it is for me; they will get a more accurate image of me but that doesn't necessarily mean it will boost my chances. *

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMO, it will look really sketchy if you submit without spring grades.

Also, a 3.55/3.65 is nothing to be ashamed of. It's good enough as-is.

A 3.55 and a 3.65 are both good GPAs. I agree with Glimmer that that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Take comfort in the fact that you're making this a problem in your head, when in reality it's not ;)