• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

ronny7

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
I hear people discussing upward or downward trends in g.p.a. quite often and I was wondering how they are figured?

Gryhu

Dom
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If you put your gpa's from each semester on a line graph and the line is, on average, going up then you have an upward trend.

That doesn't mean that it always has to go up each semester, a semester or two down isn't going to kill you.

ronny7

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
So the amount of credit hours taken per sememster doesn't really figure into it than. The reason I ask is because this last year and a half my g.p.a has been around 3.8 and before that it was around 3.1. Is this something I should point out in my personal statement or do committees figure this themselves?

air bud

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Land of the free
Status
Attending Physician
they should be able to figure it out by your transcripts and just looking at things. I wouldn't be too worried about your 3.1 earlier, i am sure the 3.8 pulled it up an you have nothing to worry about.
as far as the personal statement, you only have 500 words, and I wouldnt devote more than a brief sentence to the topic.

About the Ads