1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Trends

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by ronny7, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ronny7

2+ Year Member

I hear people discussing upward or downward trends in g.p.a. quite often and I was wondering how they are figured?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gryhu

Gryhu Dom
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you put your gpa's from each semester on a line graph and the line is, on average, going up then you have an upward trend.

That doesn't mean that it always has to go up each semester, a semester or two down isn't going to kill you.

4. ronny7

2+ Year Member

So the amount of credit hours taken per sememster doesn't really figure into it than. The reason I ask is because this last year and a half my g.p.a has been around 3.8 and before that it was around 3.1. Is this something I should point out in my personal statement or do committees figure this themselves?

5. air bud

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    they should be able to figure it out by your transcripts and just looking at things. I wouldn't be too worried about your 3.1 earlier, i am sure the 3.8 pulled it up an you have nothing to worry about.
    as far as the personal statement, you only have 500 words, and I wouldnt devote more than a brief sentence to the topic.