Trick You don’t even have to rent an apartment in med school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magyarzorag

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 21, 2019
  1. Medical Student
    I realized my med schools has a new building full of large study/conference rooms. It also has a mini full kitchen and a shower as well as multiple restrooms. This is equivalent to my house. This building is also open 24 hours to med students but virtually empty at night, so you can just bring an air mattress (or even full size mattress, and sleep in one of the study rooms, shower, and cook your own food in the kitchen. Maybe you can bring a mini fridge also.

• Haha
    • Love
    Reactions: 12 users
    About the Ads

aaronrodgers

Quarterback, Super Bowl MVP, Future Hall of Famer
    2+ Year Member
    Mar 19, 2017
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    www.nfl.com
      This is how a lot of college students, including myself, got through undergrad without leasing an apartment or subletting.
      Gym = shower and workout
      Library / campus cafe = study area and internet
      car = bed

the only thing is that you have to budget your dining appropriately so I just went on intermittent fasting (it's healthier anyways) and had 1-2 meals per day from the dining halls or nearby restaurants.

• Wow
      Reactions: 2 users

ciestar

All grown up!
      7+ Year Member
    • Sep 18, 2013
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Lol It's the same thing at my school, but you'd get in trouble for doing this if anyone finds out. How do I know? Someone got in trouble for this exact situation.
        My school had a town hall recently saying because of COVID the building will no longer be open 24/7 lol

either way, i feel like this plan would be hard to pull off long term.

Reactions: 4 users

Doggeronie

2+ Year Member
        Dec 26, 2016
        1. Medical Student
          I realized my med schools has a new building full of large study/conference rooms. It also has a mini full kitchen and a shower as well as multiple restrooms. This is equivalent to my house. This building is also open 24 hours to med students but virtually empty at night, so you can just bring an air mattress (or even full size mattress, and sleep in one of the study rooms, shower, and cook your own food in the kitchen. Maybe you can bring a mini fridge also.
          It's definitely possible, but it's also completely miserable

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads
          Status
          Not open for further replies.