Tricky problem -- might have to take one course at community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ehmjay1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so i am going to become a junior this year, and i have taken all of my med school pre reqs except for physics I and II. Now, i have two problems i transferred from UF to UCF due to some personal reasons, but at UF i had the pre-reqs for physics over here i don't. Also, to further complicate the situation all of the physics classes are filled over here. I have to begin taking physics this fall semester otherwise i will be behind for my MCAT. Now my question can i take physics I at a community college, and how bad will it look. I have a good grades in all of my classes for the past 2 years, but will it look terrible if i am forced to take physics I at my community college? If i do take physics I at my community college i plan come back and take physics II at UCF. So how bad will this look if i am forced to resort to taking one class at my community college, basically i want to know if it will hurt my application process?

Thanks for the input in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking to take an algebra-based or calculus-based physics course? From what I just looked up on myUCF, College Physics I and College Physics II still have open seats. From what I can gather, you don't need calculus-based physics for MCAT's (just the principles, no differentiating partially or integrating to obtain formulas) unless your particular major right now requires a calculus-based one (engineering, physics, etc.).

It sounds like this is stressing you more than necessary. You have compelling reasons for taking at the CC, and you intend to take physics II at the uni. It's more important to be ready for the MCAT & do well on that than where you took the first part of a 2 part course. You've already thought this through.

Relax. Take the course wherever you need to in order to stay on track. You have good reasons. :luck: