General Admissions & OTCAS Trinity Washington University M.O.T?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok so my fears were true, apparently since I have not completed my bachelors (I graduate in a month mind you) my application was considered incomplete. They absolutely do not review them until all of your pre reqs and undergraduate degree are complete. You can send it in but if there isn't a spot available then you do not get considered. I'm very upset right now considering I was told multiple times I didn't need it complete to apply and was not informed that I wouldn't be considered.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so my fears were true, apparently since I have not completed my bachelors (I graduate in a month mind you) my application was considered incomplete. They absolutely do not review them until all of your pre reqs and undergraduate degree are complete. You can send it in but if there isn't a spot available then you do not get considered. I'm very upset right now considering I was told multiple times I didn't need it complete to apply and was not informed that I wouldn't be considered.

Wow. I'm so sorry they led you on like that. I'd be irate. We understand they're still getting their stuff together but that should've been a no-brainer. Might not come as much of a consolation at this point that at least they didn't charge for applying.

I was actually told that I was on the wait list but I'll believe it when I see the letter. My application has gotten mixed up there before with another student's file. After telling them my name they thanked me for sending my GMAT but didn't need it (never took the GMAT) and was told i have a gpa of 3.9 and a pre-req gpa of 3.6 from the University of Florida (False, False, and False!)

Hang in there, @DMStudiezOT

Last edited:
All I got is that wait list letters are being mailed out this week and that 10 people are on the wait list. Something to look out for!

Who else actually got in? Good luck everyone!

Hey there. Did you hear anything?? I have my fingers crossed for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there. Did you hear anything?? I have my fingers crossed for you!

Hey It's been a crazy week but I got in to Trinity! I called again saying I never got a wait list letter and he reviewed my application again and apparently there were a couple of hang-ups. I had to explain that my Anatomy and Physiology classes were divided into separate semesters each and are indeed equivalent to their combined anat and physio I and II. Also a crease in the letter of my transcript made it look like my Anatomy grade was a D instead of a B. Since my file was ready after clearing that up I was able to get a decision on the spot because of an opening! If there is anybody that hasn't heard anything yet like myself, Id say call them and harass one more time to get a final decision. If I didnt call to clear up that grade, I would not have gotten in!

@DMStudiezOT, I'd say call them the second after you officially graduate and they just might have room!? Good luck!

Hey It's been a crazy week but I got in to Trinity! I called again saying I never got a wait list letter and he reviewed my application again and apparently there were a couple of hang-ups. I had to explain that my Anatomy and Physiology classes were divided into separate semesters each and are indeed equivalent to their combined anat and physio I and II. Also a crease in the letter of my transcript made it look like my Anatomy grade was a D instead of a B. Since my file was ready after clearing that up I was able to get a decision on the spot because of an opening! If there is anybody that hasn't heard anything yet like myself, Id say call them and harass one more time to get a final decision. If I didnt call to clear up that grade, I would not have gotten in!

@DMStudiezOT, I'd say call them the second after you officially graduate and they just might have room!? Good luck!

AHHHH I just found out I have been accepted too! I had my University send over my updated transcript (which shows I just have 1 class left instead of 5 when I initially applied) and they offered me a contingency spot!!! Derrick said that since my grades for the other classes were good they trusted that I would finish this last credit and graduate. Yes everyone please do what O.T. eyes suggested it sounds like they have a lot of people waiting to finish things so it may be a first come first serve type deal.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!
I was recently accepted to Trinity and Radford but I am not sure which school to attend :oops: I was hoping you guys could tell me what you would do if you were in my position. I have lots of school loans from undergrad already ($68,000) and the lifetime limit is $138,000. Radford will cost me over $85,000 for tuition alone so I will be short $15,000 the 2nd year. Trinity only costs $50,000 so I can afford it but I am concerned about it not getting accredited... then I will have used up all my financial aid, owe $138,000 and still not have an MOT :(
Should I max out my loans and charge up my credit cards to go to an accredited program or do the cheaper program that is not accredited?
Has anyone talked to the director or know of any reason that they believe Trinity will or will not get accredited?
I prefer the hybrid (online) program and location of Trinity over the in person program Radford has but I guess just getting my MOT and sitting for the NBCOT is the most important thing. Please help me figure out what to do!!! :thumbup: :thumbdown: :shrug: I have been so stressed out so any advice would help.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!
I was recently accepted to Trinity and Radford but I am not sure which school to attend :oops: I was hoping you guys could tell me what you would do if you were in my position. I have lots of school loans from undergrad already ($68,000) and the lifetime limit is $138,000. Radford will cost me over $85,000 for tuition alone so I will be short $15,000 the 2nd year. Trinity only costs $50,000 so I can afford it but I am concerned about it not getting accredited... then I will have used up all my financial aid, owe $138,000 and still not have an MOT :(
Should I max out my loans and charge up my credit cards to go to an accredited program or do the cheaper program that is not accredited?
Has anyone talked to the director or know of any reason that they believe Trinity will or will not get accredited?
I prefer the hybrid (online) program and location of Trinity over the in person program Radford has but I guess just getting my MOT and sitting for the NBCOT is the most important thing. Please help me figure out what to do!!! :thumbup: :thumbdown: :shrug: I have been so stressed out so any advice would help.
Thanks in advance!

I know the decision for accreditation will be made the beginning of 2017 and they already have a well established OTA program. You might want to talk to the program director about the concerns and what they are doing to ensure accreditation will be approved.

Thanks! I have tried to talk to someone at the school but no luck yet. I did see their OTA program but that concerned me more :( It was accredited in 2013 after being deferred once by ACOTE. The 2014 graduation class had 12 enter and 10 graduate (83%) which isn't bad but the 2015 class had 20 enter and only 11 graduate (55%)... no data for this year. I looked for their NBCOT pass rate and could not find it. Unfortunately, if they have horrible stats like that for the program I doubt they would get reapproved in 2018 when they are up for review. Their OTA program is run by a successful Doctorate of OT who seems very competent and capable. The Master's program is run by a PhD in Public Health with only a Bachelors in OT. I am not saying that's bad but if the DOT is having trouble with the OTA then how will the new Director of the Master's program who was hired a year ago and whose expertise is in Public Health do with the MOT? As everyone here mentioned there was a lot of disorganization and confusion at the school/dept so that is worrisome :depressed: Also there has been a posting looking for an MOT professor for the past few months and it's still not filled... so it seems they are understaffed for instructors to even teach the courses. As of now I only see 3 people listed for the MOT staff which includes the director, the fieldwork coordinator, and a professor. I looked up what classes they teach and it shows the classes they cover are not enough. There are still classes that need to be taken in the curriculum but nobody as of now listed to teach it. What if they don't find another professor in time? How will they be approved? :nailbiting: I called Acote they said Trinity submitted their self report in April and they will decide on if they get approval for the next step by end of August then they will do their visit after that and decide on final approval by May of 2017. We have to start classes and orientation on August 24th so what if ACOTE doesn't announce their decision in time? I asked AOTA and Acote about the situation and they said there is a risk and the student takes on that risk by attending an unaccredited program. I asked if most programs are being approved and they referred me to a list online of plenty of schools online that were not approved or not re-approved. They could not speak specifically about Trinity but said there are schools that have approved OTA programs but do not get approved for their MOT because it's a completely separate process. I am so worried and stressed out! :help: I am between a rock and a hard place and I have to put a deposit soon on one of the schools. Feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette... I am so sick about this decision... either go broke and run out of money or go to a program waste money for a year then start from scratch again :barf:
This happened to one of the OT's I know. She went to a program and after her first year the program was rejected and she had to find a new program and start all over because no school would accept any of her classes for transfer. She still seems pissed about it to this day. Lucky for her she had the money to go to another school which I would not after one year (borrowing another $30,000). Are you guys not concerned about any of this at all? Do you guys have a back up plan? Any info would be appreciated! :shrug:

I know the decision for accreditation will be made the beginning of 2017 and they already have a well established OTA program. You might want to talk to the program director about the concerns and what they are doing to ensure accreditation will be approved.

Thanks! I have tried to talk to someone at the school but no luck yet. I did see their OTA program but that concerned me more :( It was accredited in 2013 after being deferred once by ACOTE. The 2014 graduation class had 12 enter and 10 graduate (83%) which isn't bad but the 2015 class had 20 enter and only 11 graduate (55%)... no data for this year. I looked for their NBCOT pass rate and could not find it. Unfortunately, if they have horrible stats like that for the program I doubt they would get reapproved in 2018 when they are up for review. Their OTA program is run by a successful Doctorate of OT who seems very competent and capable. The Master's program is run by a PhD in Public Health with only a Bachelors in OT. I am not saying that's bad but if the DOT is having trouble with the OTA then how will the new Director of the Master's program who was hired a year ago and whose expertise is in Public Health do with the MOT? As everyone here mentioned there was a lot of disorganization and confusion at the school/dept so that is worrisome :depressed: Also there has been a posting looking for an MOT professor for the past few months and it's still not filled... so it seems they are understaffed for instructors to even teach the courses. As of now I only see 3 people listed for the MOT staff which includes the director, the fieldwork coordinator, and a professor. I looked up what classes they teach and it shows the classes they cover are not enough. There are still classes that need to be taken in the curriculum but nobody as of now listed to teach it. What if they don't find another professor in time? How will they be approved? :nailbiting: I called Acote they said Trinity submitted their self report in April and they will decide on if they get approval for the next step by end of August then they will do their visit after that and decide on final approval by May of 2017. We have to start classes and orientation on August 24th so what if ACOTE doesn't announce their decision in time? I asked AOTA and Acote about the situation and they said there is a risk and the student takes on that risk by attending an unaccredited program. I asked if most programs are being approved and they referred me to a list online of plenty of schools online that were not approved or not re-approved. They could not speak specifically about Trinity but said there are schools that have approved OTA programs but do not get approved for their MOT because it's a completely separate process. I am so worried and stressed out! :help: I am between a rock and a hard place and I have to put a deposit soon on one of the schools. Feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette... I am so sick about this decision... either go broke and run out of money or go to a program waste money for a year then start from scratch again :barf:
This happened to one of the OT's I know. She went to a program and after her first year the program was rejected and she had to find a new program and start all over because no school would accept any of her classes for transfer. She still seems pissed about it to this day. Lucky for her she had the money to go to another school which I would not after one year (borrowing another $30,000). Are you guys not concerned about any of this at all? Do you guys have a back up plan? Any info would be appreciated! :shrug:

I'm personally not concerned but it sounds like you are,so maybe either wait until next year to apply to schools or attend the other one. To me, it looks like you are finding every reason to not attend Trinity.

Being informed, educated, and fully aware while I try to evaluate options through putting forth a lot of time and effort to gather real facts and information is considered "finding every reason to not attend Trinity" Thanks for your help DMStudiezOT!!! That's your advice to help a sista out?!?! :bow: I suppose it's clear why you're not concerned since you barely were even accepted to one program, you definitely did not have to choose or compare between other options. But if you don't have any real advice no need to comment. I hope all the students going to Trinity aren't as abrasive and against discussion and critical thinking as you are, or else the program is in even more trouble than I thought. Good luck to you! :luck:
I'm personally not concerned but it sounds like you are,so maybe either wait until next year to apply to schools or attend the other one. To me, it looks like you are finding every reason to not attend Trinity.

Being informed, educated, and fully aware while I try to evaluate options through putting forth a lot of time and effort to gather real facts and information is considered "finding every reason to not attend Trinity" Thanks for your help DMStudiezOT!!! That's your advice to help a sista out?!?! :bow: I suppose it's clear why you're not concerned since you barely were even accepted to one program, you definitely did not have to choose or compare between other options. But if you don't have any real advice no need to comment. I hope all the students going to Trinity aren't as abrasive and against discussion and critical thinking as you are, or else the program is in even more trouble than I thought. Good luck to you! :luck:

I only applied to one program This go around so thank you for making an assumption. However, while my answer may have been a bit abraisive I stand by it. I really didn't read anything but concerns you have for TWU which is why I said perhaps you should wait until next year or attend the other program you were accepted to. It doesn't require critical thinking to see you are very concerned and aware of the great risk behind attending TWU.

I'm sorry you didn't think I was helpful to you, but there isn't a lot of advice for people to give you. The school has only accepted one other class so of course there won't be any test scores for you to search through. It is a big risk and people will tell you different things, probably to play it safe and attend your other program. As far as your attitude towards me, I suggest finding a better outlet than sending aggressive responses on a student forums because you didn't get an answer you wanted.

Last edited:
Thank you for that more considerate response. I really do appreciate it. It was very different than your first short and abrasive response. My reaction was not due to getting an answer I don't like... I can handle divergent viewpoints. What I do not tolerate though is disrespect and bad attitudes towards me when I clearly didn't deserve it. My advice to you in this forum and life in general, is to not give aggresive responses if you don't want to receive aggresive responses. However, I do apologize for my attitude towards you and any negativity about TWU. I do sincerely wish you and the program the best of luck.

I only applied to one program This go around so thank you for making an assumption. However, while my answer may have been a bit abraisive I stand by it. I really didn't read anything but concerns you have for TWU which is why I said perhaps you should wait until next year or attend the other program you were accepted to. It doesn't require critical thinking to see you are very concerned and aware of the great risk behind attending TWU.

I'm sorry you didn't think I was helpful to you, but there isn't a lot of advice for people to give you. The school has only accepted one other class so of course there won't be any test scores for you to search through. It is a big risk and people will tell you different things, probably to play it safe and attend your other program. As far as your attitude towards me, I suggest finding a better outlet than sending aggressive responses on a student forums because you didn't get an answer you wanted.

Hi everyone! For those of you who are attending Trinity in the fall, there's a Facebook group up now for our class. A couple of us have started talking and would like to get to know some people/faces before we start in August :) The group is called "Trinity Washington MOT Class of 2019". Please join if you're attending!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have applied for Trinity's program that start this Fall. I was wondering if I could get any information about how satisfied are the students in the program as well as the application process. So far the admissions team has been very unorganized and I am hoping this is because they are fairly new.

Hi I am currently a senior majoring in Kinesiology and I am interested in pursuing a career in Occupational Therapy! I am looking into Trinity Washington University but of course I am nervous about this entire process. I wanted to know if my chances were likely to get into Trinity's program. I will be graduating in May with a 3.6 (or just under a 3.6) overall GPA and after taking three more prereq courses, my prereq GPA will be at a 3.75. I have 100 observation hours so far! Do I have any chance of getting into Trinity or any OT program at all? Everyone keeps telling me how competitive OT schools are becoming.

Hi ! I was wondering if anyone has heard from admissions? They said they would have decisions 6-8 weeks from Feb 1.

Hi ! I was wondering if anyone has heard from admissions? They said they would have decisions 6-8 weeks from Feb 1.
Hi I have, I received an email last month of acceptance and another email today as far as registering for classes.

Hello all! This is very random but I was curious if anyone applied to or is currently attending Trinity Washington University for Master of Occupational Therapy? It's a brand new program, not fully accredited yet, but I just recently applied. It was a late application because I just discovered it, but I'm wondering if it not being fully accredited yet means I have a better chance of acceptance?

Hi! I know this thread is outdated but I am hoping to find some guidance. I was accepted into this MOT program for Fall 2017. Do any of you happen to be current students of the program and can explain to me what it is like?

Hi! I know this thread is outdated but I am hoping to find some guidance. I was accepted into this MOT program for Fall 2017. Do any of you happen to be current students of the program and can explain to me what it is like?
Hi! I was just wondering, did you decide to go to Trinity and if so, how do you like it?!!

Anyone applied for Fall 2019 and for current student how is the program like