Program-Specific Info / Q's Trinity Washington University MOT - Grads, Current Students & 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTAtoOTR

Reaction score
Has anyone applied to and/or heard back from Trinity Washington University’s MOT program for 2019? I got an email a while ago saying my app was complete and I should receive a decision by April 15th, so of course as the date gets closer I’ve been checking my mail and doing my googles obsessively.

I’m also interested in hearing from graduates or current students. I know this is a fairly new program but I know they have at least 1 graduating class so far. I haven’t really come across any information about the program from graduates, current students or applicants from my google, Facebook and SDN searches. There are a couple of threads on here but they are old, so I figured I’d start a new one.

I know it’s risky, but Trinity is the only school I applied to this cycle so *fingers crossed*. I’m an OTA student graduating in May and I always planned on going to grad school afterwards but I need to work while in school so the hybrid was appealing. I also love the DMV area and the diversity of the school.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there too for Fall 2019. I received the same email saying my application was complete. Have not hear nothing since then. Is the only school that I applied too for this term. I pray we get accepted.

Has anyone applied to and/or heard back from Trinity Washington University’s MOT program for 2019? I got an email a while ago saying my app was complete and I should receive a decision by April 15th, so of course as the date gets closer I’ve been checking my mail and doing my googles obsessively.

I’m also interested in hearing from graduates or current students. I know this is a fairly new program but I know they have at least 1 graduating class so far. I haven’t really come across any information about the program from graduates, current students or applicants from my google, Facebook and SDN searches. There are a couple of threads on here but they are old, so I figured I’d start a new one.

I know it’s risky, but Trinity is the only school I applied to this cycle so *fingers crossed*. I’m an OTA student graduating in May and I always planned on going to grad school afterwards but I need to work while in school so the hybrid was appealing. I also love the DMV area and the diversity of th

I know it’s risky, but Trinity is the only school I applied to this cycle so *fingers crossed*. I’m an OTA student graduating in May and I always planned on going to grad school afterwards but I need to work while in school so the hybrid was appealing. I also love the DMV area and the diversity of the school.

I applied there too for Fall 2019. I received the same email saying my application was complete. Have not hear nothing since then. Is the only school that I applied too for this term. I pray we get accepted.
Fingers crossed for the both of us! On one hand it’s kind of odd that there’s not much info about this program given how popular OT school is now. People will apply to schools in the middle of nowhere just for a chance to get in, so you’d think there’d be more info on a program in the nation’s capital. Trinity has been around for a long time but their OT program is new so maybe people just don’t know about it. When I was first researching OT schools a few years ago before I decided to do OTA, Howard was the only OT school in DC. Hopefully since less people are talking about it that means less people will apply and we’ll have a higher chance of getting in lol. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
The program is so new that why, plus that is the only school that don't use the OTCAS website. Yes, alot of people don't know about it. The hybrid is the main reason I apply to Trinity. Did you attend their info session.

The program is so new that why, plus that is the only school that don't use the OTCAS website. Yes, alot of people don't know about it. The hybrid is the main reason I apply to Trinity. Did you attend their info session.

Not being OTCAS was also a reason I applied! I have some boo boos on my transcript from undergrad, and although my OTA grades would have made up for it, I just don’t like the way OTCAS calculates science GPA and repeats lol. I’m sure there are other schools that still don’t use OTCAS but my heart has been set on Trinity for about a year ever since I discovered it, so I didn’t bother applying anywhere else. I also didn’t want to take the the GRE so that was another perk. I didn’t attend any info sessions because I live in New York and I’m also on Level II fieldwork so I really didn’t have the time (or money, tbh) to make it to one. I think there’s one more this month that I also can’t attend, but hopefully we’d know by then. I wish I would’ve been able to attend a session though to make an in person impression. I’ve had some email contact with Dr. Holley and Cynthia Bond. Did you attend an info session?

I attend just one info session. I don't leave that far from Trinity. Yes, the GRE was something I was avoiding too, plus my GPA is borderline. I agree with you on OTCAS they way the calculate gpa.

I attend just one info session. I don't leave that far from Trinity. Yes, the GRE was something I was avoiding too, plus my GPA is borderline. I agree with you on OTCAS they way the calculate gpa.

How was the info session? Anything important you think I need to know?

I rece

Hi!

I heard from Ms. Bond through email and by phone, and I got accepted into the program, contingent upon the completion of my bachelor’s degree. I’ve also reserved my seat in the program, and will be attending this fall.

Reactions: 1 user
I rece

Hi!

I heard from Ms. Bond through email and by phone, and I got accepted into the program, contingent upon the completion of my bachelor’s degree. I’ve also reserved my seat in the program, and will be attending this fall.

Hey, when did you hear from them? I’m excited for you but also worried that I haven’t heard yet.

I heard from her today around 6pm.

Oh ok, so hopefully they’ve just began rolling out the acceptances. I leave tomorrow for New Orleans to attend AOTA annual conference, so it would be exciting to get the good news while I’m at conference or shortly after getting back, plus it’s OT month . Thanks for updating us, congrats, and hopefully we’ll be classmates *fingers crossed*!

Hi rece,

Congrats on your acceptance. I have not hear nothing yet, hopefully by tommorow I should hear good news. I'm so anxious, I been waiting forever. Do you believe the send acceptance letters by alphabetical order? I keep you guys updated if I hear anything. Prayers Prayers.

Hi!

[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Classes meet every Friday and Saturday from 8 to 4pm.
They have 36 seat available in the program but last year they only had 24 or 26 people I believe.

Do you mean every OTHER weekend? I thought it’s only 8 weekends per semester. 36 is a good amount of seats. It seems like they just started rolling out acceptances so it may take a while to notify 36 people. I’m expecting that there will be more acceptances by the end of this week.

Im not so sure if is every other or every weekends. Yes, I pray we received our acceptance letters by the end of this week.

I rece

Hi!

Also do you know how much the deposit is to hold your seat?

No email or phone call today. Tommorow is another day.

Hopefully we hear something today. Im worried for my gpa. Is in GOD hands now.

What’s your GPA? My GPA from my bachelors is a little over 3.0 and my OTA GPA is over 3.5. I haven’t really factored the 2 together or calculate just the prerequisites, but I know Trinity’s requirement was only 2.8 which is on the lower side

As a biology major
My GPA is a 3.011
My prerequisites GPA is a 3.23
I'm just praying my work experience, personal essay and shadows hours got me in.
I been a Geriatric Nursing assistant for 8 years (I started when I was 18 year old until now) , so I have alot of Patient care and Deals with different Patient diagnosis, Hospice and sickness.

What’s your GPA? My GPA from my bachelors is a little over 3.0 and my OTA GPA is over 3.5. I haven’t really factored the 2 together or calculate just the prerequisites, but I know Trinity’s requirement was only 2.8 which is on the lower side
2.8 GPA is not bad. Maybe they sending out acceptance letter to people who have higher gpa first to lowest.

This post is not to be discouraging at all... just wanted to share my story!

Last year, I applied to trinity and it also was the only OT school I applied to. Unfortunately, I was not accepted. My GPA was a 3.3 and my prereq GPA was a 3.2 with a C in physiology. From my understanding and experience, Trinity really takes into consideration your grades in A&P and the variety of settings you've observed at.

I reapplied this year and I have yet to hear anything as well! This year it seems like they have more seats available, which is great! Hopefully we hear back soon! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!!

Last year, I applied to trinity and it also was the only OT school I applied to. Unfortunately, I was not accepted. My GPA was a 3.3 and my prereq GPA was a 3.2 with a C in physiology. From my understanding and experience, Trinity really takes into consideration your grades in A&P and the variety of settings you've observed at.

I reapplied this year and I have yet to hear anything as well! This year it seems like they have more seats available, which is great! Hopefully we hear back soon! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!!
Yea, I pray we get in. I would consider myself a B student. Don't have a C in my pre requisites requirements mostly B. Everything I did in undergrad, I always ended up with B.

I took A & P and have As and Bs but I also took some other anatomy courses at my previous university that I didn’t do great in. I hope I redeemed myself thus far but the black marks are still on my transcript smh. I’m very involved in AOTA and student leadership now an have had fieldwork in a variety of settings, but I only submitted one form documenting my hours with my last fieldwork educator. Hopefully they can see from my resume that I have hours in early intervention, geriatrics, VA, fieldwork at a major hospital in the MRU, and over 200 hours in home care OT. You’re making me nervous though lol

I took A & P and have As and Bs but I also took some other anatomy courses at my previous university that I didn’t do great in. I hope I redeemed myself thus far but the black marks are still on my transcript smh. I’m very involved in AOTA and student leadership now an have had fieldwork in a variety of settings, but I only submitted one form documenting my hours with my last fieldwork educator. Hopefully they can see from my resume that I have hours in early intervention, geriatrics, VA, fieldwork at a major hospital in the MRU, and over 200 hours in home care OT. You’re making me nervous though lol
We be alright.

I am also waiting to hear back from Trinity. I have two classes outstanding but was told that they would consider me anyways. I'm hoping that is the case because I know people from other years have had problems with that.

Does anyone else have outstanding credits?

I haven't heard back either. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Nothing for this week guys, let hope for next week.

We still have about a week before the 15th. I was able to meet the fieldwork coordinator for the program while I was at conference so hopefully I made a good impression since I wasn’t able to attend an info session. She wanted to introduce me to the director of the program but he had already left.

We still have about a week before the 15th. I was able to meet the fieldwork coordinator for the program while I was at conference so hopefully I made a good impression since I wasn’t able to attend an info session. She wanted to introduce me to the director of the program but he had already left.
Do they have anymore conference left. I pray by this week all of us get our good news. I'm so tired of waiting. Last week I email Cynthia Bond on when I will received something, she said "sooner!" than April 15th. Let wait this evening around 6pm.

Do they have anymore conference left. I pray by this week all of us get our good news. I'm so tired of waiting. Last week I email Cynthia Bond on when I will received something, she said "sooner!" than April 15th. Let wait this evening around 6pm.

That was the American occupational therapy association conference in New Orleans last week. I thought about emailing Cynthia but I didn’t want to bother them or seem impatient. But I’m getting more and more nervous as the days go by. Hopefully we hear something this week. Fingers crossed for all of us. So far only 1 person in this thread has said they’ve heard back, so I’m still holding on to hope lol

That was the American occupational therapy association conference in New Orleans last week. I thought about emailing Cynthia but I didn’t want to bother them or seem impatient. But I’m getting more and more nervous as the days go by. Hopefully we hear something this week. Fingers crossed for all of us. So far only 1 person in this thread has said they’ve heard back, so I’m still holding on to hope lol
[/QU

Lol I had to email her just to hear something I was too and I'm still too inpatient and anxious. I really hope we can hear something today.

Still nothing guys. I'm becoming really anxious. We only have today, tommorow and monday.

Still nothing guys. I'm becoming really anxious. We only have today, tommorow and monday.

If we don’t hear back this week, I’d definitely reach out to them for a status on the application after Monday. I’m holding strong until the 15th though lol

If we don’t hear back this week, I’d definitely reach out to them for a status on the application after Monday. I’m holding strong until the 15th though lol
Yes, I will do the same too, I was thinking about calling them this friday but I'm wait until Monday. I don't want to give up hope.

I hear from Cynthia she said no later then April 29th we should hear something if we are still waiting for a decision.

I hear from Cynthia she said no later then April 29th we should hear something if we are still waiting for a decision.

April 29th?!?! That’s so far away lol what happened to the 15th?

Also did you contact her first, or did she reach out to you?