Trojan Pride- USC class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roadrunnerrita

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(my apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I did a search and didnt' find anything!)

Hi Guys!!

My coworker and I got into USC last week -- I'm so happy! I can hardly believe I got into a medical school at all, let alone one I really like.
:love:

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, so I wanted to start a thread for everyone who is going to be going next year. I sent in my check as soon as I could and I am definitely going to matriculate. I've been plaguing the office of admissions with questions and here are some of the things I found out that might interest you all:

1) 2nd look weekend is really a day- April 29th. You shadow a Dr, get lunch, get to hear people speak about USC, and talk to the financial aid folks. I am going to go with aforementioned coworker and plan on organizing a pub night that evening if no one else has done it (god I feel like Elle Woods—where is my social calendar?)
2) The first day of school is Aug 8th. Always good to know
3) The office of student affairs or some office like that will help people match up roommates—but not until July! :eek:

I totally want to find a roommate before July rolls around, so if it isn't done for us, I am going to try and set up a Yahoo group or something come April so we can all post pictures and get to know each other before we move to LA (or start school – some of you may already be in LA).

Alrighty, as you can tell I am completely excited.

Please post if you are planning on going to USC!

Trojan Pride,
roadrunnerrita

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey roadrunnerrita!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!

I totally just got in to USC last week too!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and so happy that you are as into this as I am :thumbup:

The second look will be so much fun and I'm so glad that we will all finally get a chance to meet each other!!

About finding a place to live...are you and your coworker planning on living together? I've heard that the office of student affairs does a great job of matching people up but it does freak me out that we have to wait till July :thumbdown:

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Trojanette

roadrunnerrita said:
(my apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I did a search and didnt' find anything!)

Hi Guys!!

My coworker and I got into USC last week -- I'm so happy! I can hardly believe I got into a medical school at all, let alone one I really like.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, so I wanted to start a thread for everyone who is going to be going next year. I sent in my check as soon as I could and I am definitely going to matriculate. I've been plaguing the office of admissions with questions and here are some of the things I found out that might interest you all:

1) 2nd look weekend is really a day- April 29th. You shadow a Dr, get lunch, get to hear people speak about USC, and talk to the financial aid folks. I am going to go with aforementioned coworker and plan on organizing a pub night that evening if no one else has done it (god I feel like Elle Woods—where is my social calendar?)
3) The office of student affairs or some office like that will help people match up roommates—but not until July! :eek:

A little about me: I graduated from Stanford in 2003, I work doing education policy research at a company in nor cal and have been doing that for about a year and a half. I'm so looking forward to quitting my job!!! I will do nothing for 2 months, it will be glorious. I'm 24 now, and will be 25 in Nov... and I plan on throwing a big party for that b-day, so you are all going to make a 9 month advance commitment to come, right? ;)

I totally want to find a roommate before July rolls around, so if it isn’t done for us, I am going to try and set up a Yahoo group or something come April so we can all post pictures and get to know each other before we move to LA (or start school – some of you may already be in LA).

Trojan Pride,
roadrunnerrita

hi guys,

i'm still a wee bit in the gray on whether i'll be at USC bc i'm waiting on my home state school and am still contemplating the financial nightmare of private school.

at the moment though, the lights green, and i'm heading to LA.

i guess i'll see you guys at the end of april...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. For those who were accepted last week, do you mind posting when you interviewed? Gracias.

Floseph said:
Ha ha ha, sounds like we've got the same plans! I'm 24, been working for a couple years and I'm gonna spend June and July on as many beautiful beaches as I can before the gloom of med school sinks in. See you in through the smog in August!

(oh, I interviewed 1/19)

Flo: Hells yea. Costa Rica here I come. Where do you live now?

Trojanette- I don't plan on living with my coworker, as he is a he and I prefer female roommates (although I haven't completely decided against it). I've heard Silverlake, downtown and Los Filez are the places to check out-- and I plan on doing so in April.

Wisteria- Congrats on your acceptance! I hope you decide to come to LA with us. :)

I had my interview on 12/7, cowroker's was the week before. I guess they did a big mailing on Feb 3rd. That's when mine was post-marked.

I've heard that Monterrey Hills is pretty cool. I think I'm going to check out Silverlake too.

I'm going to be traveling a lot this summer too!!!!

Roadrunnerrita- Have you been to Costa Rica before? TONS of hot guys!!! Bring some back with you to USC!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I want to be an MD but I also want to meet hot guys!!! :love: :love:

Bye for now!

trojanette said:
Don't get me wrong, I want to be an MD but I also want to meet hot guys!!! :love: :love:

Bye for now!

Oh me too! I mean, I'm still single, right?

roadrunnerrita! I think I interviewed with you at USC. I interviewed with a girl who graduated from Stanford and it looks like you in the picture. :)

UCLAstudent said:
roadrunnerrita! I think I interviewed with you at USC. I interviewed with a girl who graduated from Stanford and it looks like you in the picture. :)

Really??? Awesome! That is my picture ;-)

Our of curiosity....Are you the girl who had already gotten in somewhere, had blonde hair and was sitting at the end of the table with the boy from Montana (who went to duke) with me? Forgive me, I don't recall your name. But you are going to UCLA, no? (congrats btw!!)

Yes, you are correct, I sat across from you at lunch. And we drained USC's supply of Diet Coke, I do believe. ;) Congrat's on USC, I am so happy for you! :D

UCLAstudent said:
Yes, you are correct, I sat across from you at lunch. And we drained USC's supply of Diet Coke, I do believe. ;) Congrat's on USC, I am so happy for you! :D

Yea!!! I was hoping it was you! :) I remember giving you a high five and saying "in nine months..." well, we will both be in LA! We should get together before the madness of school begins.

I'm glad you are going to be where you want to be!

Congrats everyone - I too will be a Trojan next fall!! - that is, assuming I don't get a fat scholarship from UH. Looking forward to meeting all of you - I'm not sure if I'll be able to make second look though - I'm in school right now and the end of April is loaded with exams.

roadrunnerita - thanks for all the info about second look weekend and the start of school. South Pasadena is another option for living - I stayed there for my interview and it took me about 10min to drive to campus. I'm thinking about living in either Monterrey Hills or South Pasadena....or if I'm willing to deal with the commute, Santa Monica/West-LA!

I went to UCLA for undergrad and I'm currenly in grad school at Georgetown. If I don't go to second look, I'm sure I'll meet all of you during orientation!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!

I hope I get to join you guys in the Trojan Pride group soon! I interviewed
yesterday with the dean of admissions :eek: ! She was SO TOTALLY COOL! Gosh, most deans of admissions are so stuck up, not her! Anyway, I had a blast in LA! Everyone was so laid back and I liked that a lot of the other interviewees weren't straight out of undergrad (like most of you it seems).

By the way, I stayed in Eagle Rock and it only took me 15 minutes to get to campus. No traffic on I-5 I might add. According to my student interviewer who went to Oxy, Eagle Rock is getting trendier so that might be another place to look for housing. I'm not from LA, far from it actually, so maybe it's a dump and I don't know about it :confused:

Anyway, I'm in Arkansas right now :mad: but I'm from Montreal, Canada so I'm super laid back and very liberal. I think I would fit right in with you guys! I think I hit a homerun with the interview so keep your fingers crossed for me. Maybe I'll get some good news from Dr Quinn soon. Congrats you guys on your acceptance!

Hey Dudarino,

One of the student who took us on the tour lived in Santa Monica. He said it was a 30 minute commute and that traffic wasn't bad because it was reverse traffic. Anyway, I'm not familiar with traffic direction in LA, but that's what he said. The lady in housing said most students live in South Pasadena. I checked out the dorms while I was at is. Mmm, yeah, I don't think anyone would want to live there!

el dudarino said:
Congrats everyone - I too will be a Trojan next fall!! - that is, assuming I don't get a fat scholarship from UH. Looking forward to meeting all of you - I'm not sure if I'll be able to make second look though - I'm in school right now and the end of April is loaded with exams.

roadrunnerita - thanks for all the info about second look weekend and the start of school. South Pasadena is another option for living - I stayed there for my interview and it took me about 10min to drive to campus. I'm thinking about living in either Monterrey Hills or South Pasadena....or if I'm willing to deal with the commute, Santa Monica/West-LA!

I went to UCLA for undergrad and I'm currenly in grad school at Georgetown. 26 year old male from the beautiful island of Guam. If I don't go to second look, I'm sure I'll meet all of you during orientation!

UCLAstudent said:

I just noticed the glaring grammatical error in this statement. :laugh: It's better for my reputation if I catch it before someone else points it out. ;)

UCLAstudent said:
I just noticed the glaring grammatical error in this statement. :laugh: It's better for my reputation if I catch it before someone else points it out. ;)

i see two, but only the second one glares.

Hi future trojans (or possible future trojans),

I too am highly considering usc! The tuition is definitely an eyesore, but it seems like they do take care of you (esp w/ residency matching). not to mention the new hospital going up! besides that, i'm very excited at the possibility of returning home (i live quite close to 'sc) and escape the frozen tundra of the great lakes area...

Hi everyone! I might also be at USC next year :) How did you find out about second look? So is it only for a day? I am from chicago so I would definately have to stay longer than a day.... Have you guys seen match lists from USC??

kimmer579 said:
Hi everyone! I might also be at USC next year :) How did you find out about second look? So is it only for a day? I am from chicago so I would definately have to stay longer than a day.... Have you guys seen match lists from USC??

hi guys!

i was wondering the same thing about the second look bc i haven't heard anything about it from usc. i just sent in my deposit last week though. i wanted to buy plane tix for that weekend in april...so an official invite would be nice...i was going to stay for 3-4 days bc i'm from the east coast and have no sense of LA.

and are any of your worried about the cost?

wisteria

UCLAstudent said:

meh! You are going to medical school -- not getting a PhD in English (and even if you were it would be admissible- it's the internet for god sakes). That's what "spell check" and editors are for! It's so funny to see you here! How's your last year treating you?

So, you are really going to UCLA then? Staying a Bruin I see... well well! ;) I have a small bone to pick with those from both southern and northern campuses of the University of California. :laugh: I mean, my football teams will prevail. ;)

Kim-
I called the admissions office- Monique is very helpful and will answer any further questions you have. I'm not sure if they have anything else planned over the weekend, but if you haven't made up your mind, it sounds like a good thing to go to. Like I said, I plan on getting people together even if they don't officially organize something... I mean, that's why I started this thread! I plan on staying with a friend who lives in Santa Monica, but you might call and ask if they have student hosts. That would cut down on your expenses if they did. And, you can always make it a vacation and go to Disneyland. ;) :p

Beebs- “Frozen Tundra”?!?! Did you just utter one of my favorite redundant phrases? Don’t tell me you live in Wisconsin! I went to high school in Milwaukee. Did you know there’s a first or second year at SC who used to be a Green Bay Packer? I kind you not! My student interviewer told me and I nearly rushed off to get an autograph.

el dudarino- Congrats! While a fat scholarship would be …well… phat, I hope I get the chance to meet you! I already know I can’t handle the commute, although I know a ton of people who go to UCLA for grad school, and it would be easier for me to find a roommate. I will be looking close to home.

CanuckRazorback- I hope you get accepted! It would be great to have someone else who understands winter sports in my class.

ll,
Roadunnerrrita

roadrunnerrita said:
meh! You are going to medical school -- not getting a PhD in English (and even if you were it would be admissible- it's the internet for god sakes). That's what "spell check" and editors are for! It's so funny to see you here! How's your last year treating you?

So, you are really going to UCLA then? Staying a Bruin I see... well well! ;) I have a small bone to pick with those from both southern and northern campuses of the University of California. :laugh: I mean, my football teams will prevail. ;)

My last year is going well! :D I'm trying to muster up every ounce of motivation to finish. :laugh: I am pretty set on attending UCLA. There is one school I am waiting to hear from before I decide for sure. When are you looking to move down here?

UCLAstudent said:
My last year is going well! :D I'm trying to muster up every ounce of motivation to finish. :laugh: I am pretty set on attending UCLA. There is one school I am waiting to hear from before I decide for sure. When are you looking to move down here?

I hear you! I have major senioritis. That is why I am on the internet, posting on chat boards. Work at work? Me? *tries to look busy* What is the other school? PM me if you don’t want to post it here.

As for moving? I want to do it as late as I can. I was thinking Aug 1? I have so many more friends up in San Francisco that I don't want to leave them until I absolutely have to. Of course, I am still waiting to see if I've met all the matriculation requirements. I took biochem p/nc and a few classes that questionably fulfill the microbiology requirement (I studied mostly social sciences), but I am hopeful that I will not have to be taking any summer school classes and can stay up here until late July. Cross your fingers! Taking a biology class during the summer at SJSU is NOT my idea of a good time before starting school.

Anyway, I should go do some work today. Ehhhhh I wish I could quit now!

Flo: Hells yea. Costa Rica here I come. Where do you live now?

I live in Santa Barbara, but I plan to spend a good portion of my summer scuba diving in Belize. Any other divers headed to SC next year?

roadrunnerrita said:
I hear you! I have major senioritis. That is why I am on the internet, posting on chat boards. Work at work? Me? *tries to look busy* What is the other school? PM me if you don’t want to post it here.

As for moving? I want to do it as late as I can. I was thinking Aug 1? I have so many more friends up in San Francisco that I don't want to leave them until I absolutely have to. Of course, I am still waiting to see if I've met all the matriculation requirements. I took biochem p/nc and a few classes that questionably fulfill the microbiology requirement (I studied mostly social sciences), but I am hopeful that I will not have to be taking any summer school classes and can stay up here until late July. Cross your fingers! Taking a biology class during the summer at SJSU is NOT my idea of a good time before starting school.

Anyway, I should go do some work today. Ehhhhh I wish I could quit now!

The other school is UCSF, but I think that I would still pick UCLA. I want to be a Bruin forever. :love: I would have to go to both second-look weekends before deciding, though. Heck, I'd have to get into UCSF first. :laugh:

You should call up USC to see if you have fulfilled everything. I have heard of cases where they have been lenient regarding the requirements. Good luck with that! :luck:

UCLAstudent said:
The other school is UCSF, but I think that I would still pick UCLA. I want to be a Bruin forever. :love: I would have to go to both second-look weekends before deciding, though. Heck, I'd have to get into UCSF first. :laugh:

You should call up USC to see if you have fulfilled everything. I have heard of cases where they have been lenient regarding the requirements. Good luck with that! :luck:

You really DO want to be a bruin forever! UCSF is amazing...I would never ever turn them down. I have hopes of doing residency there. Gotta aim high, right?

I called about the requirements. The woman in the office said she thought I was good to go, however I am waiting for the official word -- which takes two weeks. I'm sitting here ready to buy plane tickets to NY and Costa Rica, I have a friend who wants to visit from Philadelphia, I want to go visit San Diego, another friend of mine wants to go spend a day drunk in Disneyland, I have to go see my sister and Dad.... but I can't start planning until they get back to me. :eek: I think it will be ok though. I heard that there is a remedial 3 week class that is right before the start of school for people like me. Although I don’t really want to go to that either.

Frozen tundra....as in chicago. I suppose it's not technically a frozen tundra, but, dangit, w/ respect to southern calif, the difference is negligible. Sorry for stealing ur favorite phrase btw. =P but wow, a packer at keck! Now that's interesting. I'm not a fan, but i guess u would want to be on his team in a game of flag football.

Speaking of requirements. Without overloading my last quarter, i'll have 29.4 (or something like that) semester hours of humanities. How strict are they with the 30 sem hours humanities requirement. I'd like to be able to take it easy and not have to take an extra humanities class (in addition to 4 other classes) for my last quarter. But the lady on the phone says that they don't round up.

Floseph said:
I live in Santa Barbara, but I plan to spend a good portion of my summer scuba diving in Belize. Any other divers headed to SC next year?

*drools*
Belize? Wow, that is amazing. I am not certified... and I don't know if I can afford to do it before I go back to school. Although I am tempted to take classes up here and do the open water dives when I am down south. It would be easier than freezing my butt off in Monterey Bay, as cool as the kelp is.

B-
Where in Chicago? I grew up in Lake Forest.
You spoke with Monique, right? She can send your transcript off to someone to officially figure out if you made all the requirements. You should take spanish pass-fail!

Hey, I just interviewed 2/11 and am now waiting impatiently. Just curious...what classes count toward the 30 hours of humanities???

D_LOVE said:
Hey, I just interviewed 2/11 and am now waiting impatiently. Just curious...what classes count toward the 30 hours of humanities???

??? I think it says humanities and social sciences.
Call the office of admissions-- they are a better resource than we are.

I just got my acceptance in the mail today that was dated the 14th. USC is definitely one of my top choices, especially considering the location and brand new hospital that will be open for our rotations!! Go Trojans. (who else is excited for the football games?!!)

Hiya all,

Congrats on gettng into 'SC! :-D Pass any questions you have along my way ... I'm currently a first year and we just finished our heme exam, so we are all very elated (and exhausted). When I was in your position last year a second year named Jalby answered all our questions for us ... but sadly he has disappeared into the abyss of third year rotations. So I'll try to do my best for you guys. :)

Ciao!

Dara

dara678 said:
When I was in your position last year a second year named Jalby answered all our questions for us ... but sadly he has disappeared into the abyss of third year rotations.

Kind of. More like a self-imposed exile.

roadrun-i'm in evanston (@ northwestern). thanks for the tip about sending the transcript in! I'll try to get that done asap.

Hey current students. One big question in mind (i think someone asked this question in another thread), how do 'sc students finance their education? does sc provide substantial institutional aid?

Also, it seems like sc students like to talk about how much clinical experience u get at county. Can u elaborate (maybe w/ some anecdotal examples)?

thanks in advance!

Hi Dara and Jalby- I totally have questions:

Ok, so the admissions office said that they help you match up with roommates in early July. Is that what they did with you? I feel like I'd need to start looking for a place to live in early July (you know how things usually become available 1 month before you want to move in). Is there any way to meet people and get a roommate before then?

Do they set up a yahoo group or something so people can post pictures and start getting to know eachother? I was thinking of doing that myself, but I don't wnat to step on anyone's toes.

I should call the office of financial aid myself (last time I called they were closed), but do they make you put in parental income information to determine need if you have been living on your own for a while (say oh 2 years).
Thanks!!!

Awesome, looks like we'll have a great group of people in our class come August. Let's just hope that I'm able to find a summer Biochem course before school starts in order to make sure I get to stay in the class :p

Roadrunnerita: First off, thanks for all of the good info! I've been wondering half of that stuff for a long time now and have no idea what to tell people when they ask me "when do you start school?" And be sure to let us know when that burfday party is - I'll be looking for a night of plenty of Sam Adams sometime in mid-November :thumbup:

As far as housing goes, it seems like the best places to look are Monterey Hill, So. Pasadena, Silverlake, Los Feliz, and even downtown. Alright yall, keep us posted on all of your Keck related news until then.

Oh yeah, and if anyone has any questions about Costa Rica, Ive been there almost a dozen times to visit family and stuff. Personally, I recommend waterwatering the Pacuare River near Turrialba!

Just in response to living situations, For my interview, I stayed in Sierra Madre. The drive to campus was less than a half an hour on surface streets. The place seems like an ideal living situation witih the the san gabriel mountains right there, so you could always go for a run or hike...away from smog!

Also, how well does USC match?...what about witht the more competitive specialties?

Just found out this week that I will be a Trojan!

I called on wednesday to check my application status, since I was supposed to go to an interview at Rosalind Franklin next week. I told Monique at the office my situation, she said that something had been mailed already, but then she transferred me to the Dean of Admissions. At this point, I was just about peeing myself. The Dean told me I got in, so I calmly said thank you, then ran around my house for a good five minutes yelling.

I then promptly cancelled my interview and changed my flight to San Diego, followed by Las Vegas, for a week of debauchery. Not a bad switch in my book.

I was really impressed by the school, the hospital and the students (they seemed much less pretentious than students I have met at other schools). The whole interview day gave me a great feeling about the school. I have even found myself defending LA and USC to my norcal friends.

Can't wait for second look weekend.

hey wisteria,
i see you mentioned about a nightmare of private schools.I thought you applied to the Md/PhD at USC, is that what you got accepted to or the medschool?
Nadia

el dudarino said:

I went to UCLA for undergrad and I'm currenly in grad school at Georgetown. 26 year old male from the beautiful island of Guam. If I don't go to second look, I'm sure I'll meet all of you during orientation!

/envy :cool:

beebs said:
roadrun-i'm in evanston (@ northwestern). thanks for the tip about sending the transcript in! I'll try to get that done asap.

Hey current students. One big question in mind (i think someone asked this question in another thread), how do 'sc students finance their education? does sc provide substantial institutional aid?

Also, it seems like sc students like to talk about how much clinical experience u get at county. Can u elaborate (maybe w/ some anecdotal examples)?

thanks in advance!

Hi there beebs,

Oh wow I graduated from northwestern too :). There are only three of us in the first year class and i think one or two in the second years. :)

'SC gives you as much money as you need to cover expenses, take it as it may. I took out the maximum amount of loans, and was given a couple of no interest loans from the school (Machross loan) as well as got a scholarship based on financial situation (mine wasn't good, but they didn't give me much). You won't be able to live like a king, but you'll be able to survive. I ended up taking the max $8500 subsidized Stafford + $30,000 unsubsidized stafford plus miscellaneous university loans as well as the Perkins.

During first year, you'll get to go to County every Tuesday for intro to clinical med. Our profs keep telling us that the medical history is the key to diagnosis, so they really emphasize teaching us how to take an amazing history, and that's what you'll be doing the first semester of ICM; the second semester, you will get to practice physical exam skills on County patients. You really get to talk to these patients in an in-depth manner, so it's really an elucidating experience.

roadrunnerrita said:
Hi Dara and Jalby- I totally have questions:

Ok, so the admissions office said that they help you match up with roommates in early July. Is that what they did with you? I feel like I'd need to start looking for a place to live in early July (you know how things usually become available 1 month before you want to move in). Is there any way to meet people and get a roommate before then?

Do they set up a yahoo group or something so people can post pictures and start getting to know eachother? I was thinking of doing that myself, but I don't wnat to step on anyone's toes.

I should call the office of financial aid myself (last time I called they were closed), but do they make you put in parental income information to determine need if you have been living on your own for a while (say oh 2 years).
Thanks!!!

Umm ... sorry they don't do anything like that. What they do is you send them info on who you are and what you need and they'll put it in a newsletter like a classified ad. A lot of people got their roommates this way ... but if you want to do the yahoo thing i suggest you do so cuz i think it's a fantastic idea. :) I actually found my roommate on SDN, on last year's keck thread hahahaha.

locks said:
Just in response to living situations, For my interview, I stayed in Sierra Madre. The drive to campus was less than a half an hour on surface streets. The place seems like an ideal living situation witih the the san gabriel mountains right there, so you could always go for a run or hike...away from smog!

Also, how well does USC match?...what about witht the more competitive specialties?

Monterey Hills is less than a ten minute drive from campus. VERY important when you have eight o'clock lectures every day of the week.

Not sure on the match situation ... i'm still trying to get through first year hahaha. If you can pry Jalby out of his self-imposed exile i'm sure he'd be much more informed on that than i ...

http://www.housing4students.com/colleges/usc/index.html

You can register even if you're not at USC yet.

I am so jealous of you guys... I so hope I get in! How long did it take you guys to find out? I interviewed last Wednesday. Anyway, you guys really sound like a cool group of people.

Dara: Do you know if USC has a medical Spanish program for those of us who no hablo espanol? I speak French so I can usually get away with adding an "a" or an "o" at the end of French words, but I really want to learn Spanish.

Should I be worried if interviewed mid-January and still have not heard back?

roadrunnerrita said:

Hi Guys!!

A little about me: I graduated from Stanford in 2003, I work doing education policy research at a company in nor cal and have been doing that for about a year and a half. I'm so looking forward to quitting my job!!! I will do nothing for 2 months, it will be glorious. I'm 24 now, and will be 25 in Nov... and I plan on throwing a big party for that b-day, so you are all going to make a 9 month advance commitment to come, right? ;)

I totally want to find a roommate before July rolls around, so if it isn’t done for us, I am going to try and set up a Yahoo group or something come April so we can all post pictures and get to know each other before we move to LA (or start school – some of you may already be in LA).

Trojan Pride,
roadrunnerrita

I'm excited for the "second visit weekend" too. Roadrunnerrita: I'm definitely down for the Pub afterwards! If you orgainize the place, I'm sure it won't take much for people to go!

locks said:
I'm excited for the "second visit weekend" too. Roadrunnerrita: I'm definitely down for the Pub afterwards! If you orgainize the place, I'm sure it won't take much for people to go!

Not at all. And I'm sure that us SoCalers will have no problem helping the out-of-towners with the carpooling, especially if they're willing to DD the drive back home :D

Jeffy said:
Not at all. And I'm sure that us SoCalers will have no problem helping the out-of-towners with the carpooling, especially if they're willing to DD the drive back home :D

Well, since I can't drink I'll volunteer to be a DD!

CanuckRazorback said:
Dara: Do you know if USC has a medical Spanish program for those of us who no hablo espanol? I speak French so I can usually get away with adding an "a" or an "o" at the end of French words, but I really want to learn Spanish.

Actually, the medical Spanish program just got instituted this year as an elective. :) So you guys are in luck ... next year it will be even smoother than it is run now. There are three classes: I, II, and III, so you can choose which level you are comfortable at learning. It will be much needed at County ...