Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1091211

Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, soon you’ll understand the difference in functionality and work efficiency between government and the private sector.

Just keep trying. Call different numbers. Give 5 business days then try again. Eventually you will find someone. This type of communication will carry on throughout a military career. And yes people being sent away for training or changing jobs is common.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe kind of a weird situation, but I have been trying to speak with a recruiter for the Air Force, specifically one that handles those who'd be applying for HPSP. I reached out to a recruiter in July 2022, who asked that I would complete a simple health screening form, and then send it back. I sent it back, and that recruiter said they'd pass my information along to the recruiter who handled HPSP stuff - I was told by the initial recruiter that the other recruiter (HPSP recruiter) was out of the office for training, and they'd reach out in a week or two...a month or two passed, and I heard nothing.

Last month, I reached out again. I was directed to a different initial recruiter this round, and was told that they'd pass my information along to the next recruiter (HPSP recruiter). Strangely, I was again told that this next recruiter was out of the office for training, and that he/she would reach out in a week or two when they returned...its been over a month and I have again heard nothing.

I apologize if I am not using correct terminology, but hopefully you get what I am trying to convey. Is the process of pursuing HPSP as difficult as it so far seems? Is the Air Force just not that interested in recruiting would-be physicians? Does anyone have any information/tips that I can try to get the process moving forward?

Well we just rolled over to the new fiscal year for military and federal government on 10/01/22. Quite possible the previous medical Air Force recruiter moved on and they have a new one or they had to send a new one to more training since we have lots of training dollars at the beginning of the fiscal year.

My advice would be give another week, if you've heard nothing then if you live close enough to the Air Force medical recruiter station (you can find this info on the Air Force website) then I'd drive over on a free day and talk to someone.

Hurry up and wait is going to be a normal occurrence in the forces.