trouble making 3 step jumps in World Qs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mossyfiber12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been studying for the Step 1 for a couple of weeks now. My world percentage has increased only by about 10-15% since the beginning of my preparation. Lately with for many of the Qs, I feel that I can make the first 2 level jumps (i.e. given triad of blah blah blah, I know which disease and what the DOC is) but I can't answer the question that asks which disease process is most similar to.

I am just wondering what I need to do get over this hump. I can easily get 10-15 more Qs right if I can somehow get over this but I don't know how. I have tried "memorizing" FA by reading but it just does not seem very efficient, especially when it comes to disease associations.

Any help would be great. I am struggling in the low 200s right now and don't exactly know what else I should change.

Members don't see this ad.

seems like the issue is pathophysio, have you tried reading rapid review? it has the pathophysio for most of the diseases

also keep in mind uworld is designed to stump you, so if you are in the upper 60s then you really shouldnt stress and just learn all the new things you come across

Hey guys. I have been studying for the Step 1 for a couple of weeks now. My world percentage has increased only by about 10-15% since the beginning of my preparation. Lately with for many of the Qs, I feel that I can make the first 2 level jumps (i.e. given triad of blah blah blah, I know which disease and what the DOC is) but I can't answer the question that asks which disease process is most similar to.

I am just wondering what I need to do get over this hump. I can easily get 10-15 more Qs right if I can somehow get over this but I don't know how. I have tried "memorizing" FA by reading but it just does not seem very efficient, especially when it comes to disease associations.

Any help would be great. I am struggling in the low 200s right now and don't exactly know what else I should change.
I suggest going over pathology again but this time focusing on the mechanism/pathophys (as kryptik stated). Are you using Rapid Review Pathology? If so, go over the Etiology section of each disease to learn about the disease process.