Trouble...not really sure what to do...need advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kilgore

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all...aaaaargh...feeling so down right now. In the fall i dropped physics because i was in danger of getting a C. So I retook the class this summer...and to my dismay...i got a C+...****! I was taking other classes at the same time, thinking that i could handle the courseload, but apparently i can't. So now I just...i dunno...i don't know what to do. I mean is the idea of getting accepted to a med school (allopathic preferably) still feasible? My gpa dropped to a 3.5 now after this....eergh...(i shudder in disgust)...C+. I mean how will the adcom perceive this? I know it can't be good to drop a class and then come out still with a C. It's just so frustrating . I really want to pursue med school, but the thing is, i don't want to apply and then end up getting rejected from all the schools afterwards. Is there any way do you think that I can pull out of this? Like say i improve and miraculously get a 4.0 from here on afterwards? And I happen to do exceptionally well on the mcat...is there chance for recovery? Gah...i just feel so bummed right now...i tried so hard and the thing is...i was only off by the B mark by only a few points...that's what really stings...knowing that had i answered 2 more questions correctly on the final...i would have had my darn B. Do you think it would be best for me to apply to grad school, get my masters, and then try my shot at med school? I'm a junior now and have ambivalent feelings about the subject. I don't really want to do grad school but if it's what i gotta do...blah...i dunno. Is there anyone out there who got in to a med school with a C? Anyways, i'd appreciate any advice on the matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Kilgore said:
hi all...aaaaargh...feeling so down right now. In the fall i dropped physics because i was in danger of getting a C. So I retook the class this summer...and to my dismay...i got a C+...****! I was taking other classes at the same time, thinking that i could handle the courseload, but apparently i can't. So now I just...i dunno...i don't know what to do. I mean is the idea of getting accepted to a med school (allopathic preferably) still feasible? My gpa dropped to a 3.5 now after this....eergh...(i shudder in disgust)...C+. I mean how will the adcom perceive this? I know it can't be good to drop a class and then come out still with a C. It's just so frustrating . I really want to pursue med school, but the thing is, i don't want to apply and then end up getting rejected from all the schools afterwards. Is there any way do you think that I can pull out of this? Like say i improve and miraculously get a 4.0 from here on afterwards? And I happen to do exceptionally well on the mcat...is there chance for recovery? Gah...i just feel so bummed right now...i tried so hard and the thing is...i was only off by the B mark by only a few points...that's what really stings...knowing that had i answered 2 more questions correctly on the final...i would have had my darn B. Do you think it would be best for me to apply to grad school, get my masters, and then try my shot at med school? I'm a junior now and have ambivalent feelings about the subject. I don't really want to do grad school but if it's what i gotta do...blah...i dunno. Is there anyone out there who got in to a med school with a C? Anyways, i'd appreciate any advice on the matter.

Sometimes hitting the enter button in between major thoughts is a good idea.

C's are not good, but lots of folks have gotten in with them. Get as few as you can, do well on the rest of your classes and do well on the MCAT. No silver bullets, but no great mysteries either...

Members don't see this ad :)
Kilgore said:
say i improve and miraculously get a 4.0 from here on afterwards? And I happen to do exceptionally well on the mcat...is there chance for recovery?

do this. you don't even need a 4.0 just do the best you can.

and don't u dare say a 3.5 is a bad GPA.

If it makes you feel better, I got a C+ in Analytical Chem (oops), but I have a feeling I'll still get in somewhere. One C+ is definitely not the end of the world, just study a lot for the MCAT.

:luck:

**** happens. Personal situations, family problems, life crisis, etc. I doubt 1 C is going to keep you out of medical school, that would just be ridiculous. Keep your head up and try to enjoy the material you're learning instead of just focusing on med school.

Take a chill pill man! Is this your first C?

If you have room to retake it, it could only help. But, honestly, I'd just kick ass in P2 and in every other class. Physics 2 is like a freshman/sophomore class anyway, so you still have plenty of chances to raise that horrible, naughty 3.5.

If you couldn't tell, I'm joking about your GPA. You were just freaking out so much. A 3.5 is still pretty damn good. You're still in good shape. :thumbup: