1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Trouble with the Wording...not so much the material

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by andkia16, Jan 7, 2009.

1. andkia16

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a junior and have just started studying for one of the June MCATs. I decided to start with biology because that is what I am most comfortable with. I have taken a couple of practice tests and have been getting lower scores than I would like (7,9,8). When I look back at the answers I find that it isn't so much that I didn't know the content to answer the question...it's that there was a "better" answer than the one I chose. In short I'm having more trouble with the formatting of the questions than the material. This is particularly daunting because I have no idea how to study for this! If anyone had the same problem and has any advice for overcoming it I would love to hear it!
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thatscorrect7

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    you should stop taking practice tests.
    and study some more stuff then come back to the tests youve already taken and see if you see the answers more clearly

4. scaredoflife

scaredoflife Eaaagglleee
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My advice and one that I have been given is that if you get a problem down, write that problem down. Basically write down the problem that you got wrong along with the answer to the question. Then maybe write down why you got it wrong and maybe go back to that area in the book and write down specifics that might help. As you move on the less problems you write down the better because you know them all ha. Hope this helps good luck!

5. andkia16

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks! That's really helpful!