Troubles between choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darkknightlt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHOICE NOT REALLY IN MED SCHOOL YET...

Hello.

I am in very hard decision-making process at the moment. I am invited to study medicine but I started to seriously doubt that I would manage to enjoy my time there. I am reserved person who is intrested in science, programming, as well as human body functions. However, I cannot comprehend how I am supposed to cope with such a load of mindless memorization of anatomy... Student from the first year sent me powerpoint with like 1000 names and structures of CNS to learn everything in 3 days lol...I hate memorization and doing same tasks every time but I am very passionate about problem solving.

Also, I don't really like people and being with them and have no interest in clinical medicine..my hope is on research or problem solving rather on clinical practice which I find tedious and dull...I came here to state my interests of life, doubts I have and truly crave to receive constructive and well-explained response from medical students who may encountered doubts before entering it or during their time in training.

I already stated that I love science, programming, computers and advanced technologies. Also i am interested in biochemistry for which I hold offer in the UK's university.

I am INTP person, my qualities are: I am impatient, I hate when someone does not understand me and also I prefer to work alone or only with like-minded people. i am fairly fast to wear off and not interested in leading a team at all. Though if needed, I can manage do this. I am adventurous and love traveling, I like to read about weird stuff of the world and wonder how may I discover more about this. My favorite lessons in school were biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics, though I'd rather stay away from magnets and electricity.

I heard that if you are in doubt and fear of med school, it is better to consider other options though i am not really a person who gives up fast.

As far as I know, I am OK with blood but I don't like the idea of dissecting dead people...

Sometimes i feel that I should become computer programmer but I found this activity very recently and i believe that this may be only short-term fascination. Don't be mistaken: I am interested in science, human body but I am terrible at comforting people thus i doubt I have traits needed to become a doctor.

May you comment but please be constructive and tell me pure truth.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHOICE NOT REALLY IN MED SCHOOL YET...

Hello.

I am in very hard decision-making process at the moment. I am invited to study medicine but I started to seriously doubt that I would manage to enjoy my time there. I am reserved person who is intrested in science, programming, as well as human body functions. However, I cannot comprehend how I am supposed to cope with such a load of mindless memorization of anatomy... Student from the first year sent me powerpoint with like 1000 names and structures of CNS to learn everything in 3 days lol...I hate memorization and doing same tasks every time but I am very passionate about problem solving.

Also, I don't really like people and being with them and have no interest in clinical medicine..my hope is on research or problem solving rather on clinical practice which I find tedious and dull...I came here to state my interests of life, doubts I have and truly crave to receive constructive and well-explained response from medical students who may encountered doubts before entering it or during their time in training.

I already stated that I love science, programming, computers and advanced technologies. Also i am interested in biochemistry for which I hold offer in the UK's university.

I am INTP person, my qualities are: I am impatient, I hate when someone does not understand me and also I prefer to work alone or only with like-minded people. i am fairly fast to wear off and not interested in leading a team at all. Though if needed, I can manage do this. I am adventurous and love traveling, I like to read about weird stuff of the world and wonder how may I discover more about this. My favorite lessons in school were biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics, though I'd rather stay away from magnets and electricity.

I heard that if you are in doubt and fear of med school, it is better to consider other options though i am not really a person who gives up fast.

As far as I know, I am OK with blood but I don't like the idea of dissecting dead people...

Sometimes i feel that I should become computer programmer but I found this activity very recently and i believe that this may be only short-term fascination. Don't be mistaken: I am interested in science, human body but I am terrible at comforting people thus i doubt I have traits needed to become a doctor.

May you comment but please be constructive and tell me pure truth.

Thank you.

Become Batman.

But seriously, shadow around different specialties and figure out if you can tolerate the environment. obviously shadowing is a very crude way to understand whether you want to dosomething or not, but it definitely helps put things into perspective.