troubles deciding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nocsag56

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi pharmers and pharmers-to-be,

i'll be starting pharmacy school in the fall - but am having troubles deciding on a school. it's primarily between USC and UW. both schools are excellent -- but i cannot seem to choose.

any and all input, from blatantly obvious to ridiculously irrelevant would be great to hear.....or even your vote...or choice in the matter if you were in these shoes.

if it'd be useful, here are links to curriculums:

UW
USC

a million thanks in advance....& good luck to all of you!!
-nocsag56

Members don't see this ad.

I'll give you the irrelevant....Of course you should choose UW because the NW kicks ass unless there is a MAJOR difference in tuition then I suppose you'd have to "settle" for socal (just kidding:D ..sort of)

Personally, I'd go with U Dub. The PNW seems like a better place to live than SoCal.

I can honestly say, I'm the most qualified person to answer this since I graduated from u-dub and will soon be attending SC.

Go to U-Dub. It'll be phenomenal. The people and the culture are amazing. By most accounts it's the most 'charming' city in the country. The institution is amazing and only gets stronger. You have to be comfortale with 280 days/yr of rain, but that was a plus for me rather than a minus. They actually get less ave rainfall than New York.

SC is an outstanding program, but I do think the possibilities are more limited as far as the academics. You can pretty much do whatever you want at U-Dub bc the Health Sciences there are so all encompassing. I always wanted to spend time at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, but graduate before I could do work over there.