1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

trout: what courses?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jim Henderson, Aug 23, 1999.

1. Jim Henderson

10+ Year Member

I am starting my senior year in high school and probably shouldn't be on this page. But
    i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some questions. i want to go to
    medical school but i am lost about how to start preparing. i was wondering if anyone
    could suggest some books or courses to take that would increase my chances. i would
    greatly appreciate any help at all.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drhenderson

drhenderson Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

For now, perusing medicalstudent.net, looking at the high school and college sections,
    browsing the medical school clinical section, and figuring out where you go to college
    will be a good start.
    I wouldn't get much more specific about things now. Getting into a good college is
    most important for you now. Figure out which colleges you are interested in have good
    premed programs. Do this by calling around and asking to be put in contact with the
    designated pre-med advisor from each college. If they won't do that for you, dust your
    shoes off and walk away!

Also, ask us anything, any time!

------------------
    Jim Henderson, MD of Medicalstudent.net